Author Topic: Power box for shanty ideas  (Read 1725 times)

Offline mrotho2002

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • true
Power box for shanty ideas
« on: Jan 11, 2018, 08:47 AM »
So I found these tiny scooter batteries that are lithium and they weigh nothing it fits in a small dry box so I put together this little power box for my flip shelter and got maybe a little carried away just sharing because weight is all ways a factor.  It is hung with little clips I just pull it out and plug the charger in I have my shelter lights a 12 volt plug and my lure lightning all hooked up to it so far really good longevity on the lithium.

Team walleyice

Offline North

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Power box for shanty ideas
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2018, 11:28 AM »
Wow... Very cool.  Nice and clean look to it.  I didn't get that fancy.  I had a spare power inverter (one of those that you plug into your cigarette lighter in your car), so I cut off the part that plugs into the cigarette lighter and added alligator clips to the wires.  I just hook it up to a spare Vex battery I had laying around, and it works great and lasts all day running my fan and some led lights.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2018, 12:14 AM »
Here’s mine. Plano 1312 (I believe). 12v 12ah sla battery. Everything runs through a master switch first. Switch for voltmeter (so it isn’t on constantly). Blue switch for dual USB. Green switch for LED’s. Yellow switch for binding posts (whatever else needs 12v power, initially meant for LED strip lights for my hub). Everything but the voltmeter is run through a little fused power distributor and it’s all grounded to the binding post. There’s enough room left inside for my phone chargers.

“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2018, 06:27 AM »
what is the weight of this battery? how much lighter is it than the Flasher battery?

Offline mrotho2002

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • true
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2018, 07:57 AM »
My normal flasher battery weighs in at 7 lbs 1 oz. And this weighs in at 1 lb on the dot
Team walleyice

Offline Mountain Maggot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waiting for the next Ice Age
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2018, 08:08 AM »
Cool lithium.  Who is the manufacture and what do they cost?  I presume you can get good hours of use and battery life? ???

Offline mrotho2002

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • true
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2018, 07:44 PM »
Running test this weekend vs the flasher 12 ah battery to see but they are 50 bucks and the manufacture if mmg they are made for motorcycle racing
Team walleyice

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 17, 2018, 07:29 PM »
My normal flasher battery weighs in at 7 lbs 1 oz. And this weighs in at 1 lb on the dot
do you have a link to by this battery

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.