Author Topic: NW RI Keech Report  (Read 998 times)

Offline Themuppet82

• IceShanty Rookie
NW RI Keech Report
« on: Jan 07, 2018, 04:34 PM »
-3 degrees in the morning with the high for the day getting to 11 degrees at Keech pond. Didn't realize how much water they let out this year!!! The most I have seen in years. Had to lock down in front of the dam with max 6 feet of water and 10 inches of ice and about 6 inches of blown snow. However we had a good day and caught plenty of fish. My boy ZT33 and I fished with our buddies and had a great day!!!! Me and ZT33 caught 2 bass a 3.8 pound and a 4.2 pound. And a bunch of yellow perch. My boy ZT33 and I both caught a yellow perch while reeling in our line to check our bait at different parts of the day!!! Priceless!!!!

" Let the Tilts be with you!!! Always!!!"

The Mup
“Let the Tilts be with you ALWAYS!!!!!

Offline Themuppet82

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: NW RI Keech Report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2018, 04:45 PM »

Offline comeonnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2018, 05:05 PM »
Great report.  Thanks

Offline Frigid Finz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish like it's your first cast !
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2018, 05:06 PM »
 ???Looks like a near perfect day guys.. I saw the pond a few weeks ago.. They drained it to a near trickle. What is the reason for this . That much water cant be good.  FF

Offline Themuppet82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2018, 05:26 PM »
Me and my buddy were like what the heck??? I hope a lot of fish don't die!!! The water was coming out kind of a lot into Sand dam on the other side of the dam. We weren't sure what was going on??? They must have opened the dam up more? There is not much water like the picture above from FF like 3 weeks ago. The water level was perfect not sure what happened? I just wanted to let people know if you go to Keech pond make sure you fish in front of the dam.

The Mup

Offline Frigid Finz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2018, 05:32 PM »
Its lower than that picture ?? Oh yea not good. The dam gate  probably got stuck or they just dont care.  They drain the water to fix the docks and kill weed. Sorry to step on yur post.. You guys did real good, what a great season.  FF

Offline Themuppet82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2018, 05:48 PM »
It's all good FF and yes def lower then the picture you posted for sure. Your probably right they probably don't care. Hopefully they will shut it soon cause it doesn't look good. Hopefully it will level out and stop draining.

The Mup

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2018, 06:05 PM »
Looks like a great day! A lot of good larrys pulled out of RI waters this season. Nice job and the perch was big!

Offline CharoS10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2018, 08:32 AM »
they drain water out to kill the weeds and clean up the beach, docks and leaves. I live closer to Keech pond with access private beach. I live here 8 years. Its always been like that and will come back regular level by the spring as always. I love Keech pond during summer. My family and I always boat, swim, and water ski on that lake!

Offline Frigid Finz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2018, 09:28 AM »
Charo all do respect. Its down to a trickle. Are they scrubbing the rocks too ?

Offline Themuppet82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2018, 06:25 PM »
I lived on Keech pond from 1987-2005 and have never seen it that low!!!!! It's really low lol. I agree with FF it just seems a lot lower then normal.

The Mup

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.