Author Topic: Mystery Tackle Box  (Read 1727 times)

Offline GreenWoodFisher86

• IceShanty Rookie
Mystery Tackle Box
« on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:54 AM »
Has anyone every subscribed to this? I just ordered one today for 14.99 an ice fishing mystery box. I also used a coupon code since I'm a new subscriber and got $10 off so only paid 4.99. Anyone has any feedback on there personal experiences.

Offline iloveacrappiedinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Mystery Tackle Box
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2018, 10:01 AM »
I've been doing it for over a year now. I get ice fishing a few months in the winter, then maybe get a panfish box, then a few walleye boxes and maybe a bass box or 2 in the summer. It's fun, but it's more novelty than anything. Gives you some new baits to try and some extra gear. It's a fun surprise each month. But it isn't the value they claim. most of the lures are decent quality, but some are just garbage. I bought my dad a subscription for Christmas because it's fun.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2018, 10:03 AM »
My buddy got the bass mystery tackle box one year for Christmas. He says he got all kinds of lures that he would never consider buying which was nice. I asked him what he caught with them, he said never tried any of them, stuck to what he knows, just keeps throwing Senkos. He did say the auto renew feature was nice because they kept send boxes and his wife's credit card kept getting charged.

I hope you give some of the stuff a shot. I know ice fishing was only available until February, so you will have to change your subscription.

Good luck!

Offline GreenWoodFisher86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2018, 10:15 AM »
I appreciate the feedback guys. If i don't get anything great ill just unsubscribe def worth the try for 4.99

Offline njsquatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2018, 11:07 AM »
IMO ...i would much rather spend the $15 on lures that I know work....

Offline NJChris

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2018, 02:57 PM »
You get better stuff in the pro box I think. I did it for a few months but unsubscribed cause as others have said the value isn't what they claim and you just don't use everything

Offline tcbjr23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2018, 03:06 PM »
In my opinion the money is better spent on exactly what you want.  They base the savings on ridiculous MSRP prices and often send exclusives or trials.  My wife got me a sub for the $25 per month XL bass box, It had 2 hard baits (worth about $15 total), a spinner jig head worth a buck or two, 2 bags of plastics from no name companies that I would have never purchased from a store (especially for the "retail price" of $6), a pack of 1 hook and 1 jig head that they claim is worth $3 and some garbage fish scent that looks like a stick of deodorant for an action figure ($5).  So for $25 I received 1 lure I'll actually use and a box of stuff you'd usually find in the clearance bin of a chain sporting goods store.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.