Author Topic: Late January thaw possible......  (Read 1479 times)

Offline Weatherfinatic

• IceShanty Rookie
Late January thaw possible......
« on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:16 AM »
Its looking like after the severe cold of this upcoming weekend a January thaw is on the horizon and it could last until around Feb 10. Look for the warmer weather to start around mid month with temps ranging from upper 30`s to mid 40`s. Have no fear though in classic winters a January thaw is likely and the cold usually returns in February in a prolonged manner.
Tony

Offline GreenWoodFisher86

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Late January thaw possible......
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:26 AM »
yea definitely depends where you are up near me the highest it is going to get is a high of 36 next Tuesday then steadily around 30-31 with lows in the teens but I expect much of other parts of NJ to start thawing

Offline njsquatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2018, 11:14 AM »
The ice will be sticking around up North for sure!

http://www.weathernj.com/january-discussion-weathertrends360/

Offline Moose3888

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2018, 02:27 PM »
I think youre good man.

Offline Weatherfinatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2018, 02:38 PM »
Guys don't go by your local forcast. It is based on the US generated GFS model which busted on forcasting this cold from 10 days out. It will get warmer then the forcasts are showing currently. We will see upper 30`s to mid 40`s coming for the later part of the month.....
Tony

Offline iwaschachi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2018, 02:19 PM »
hey weatherfinatic, any good resources you can suggest for semi-accurate forecasts in the 1-3+ week time? I look at wunderground and the 10 day forecasts are accurate enough but always wonder what the 2-3 week forecasts are, cant find anything good.

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2018, 03:02 PM »
hey weatherfinatic, any good resources you can suggest for semi-accurate forecasts in the 1-3+ week time? I look at wunderground and the 10 day forecasts are accurate enough but always wonder what the 2-3 week forecasts are, cant find anything good.

If you're on facebook, use Rebecca's Northeast Weather.  She's been dead on this winter.  Several weeks ago she picked January 18th as the day for the warmup to begin. Looks like she missed by one whole day.  Last I saw she called for February 5/6 for cold to return and last into March.
I love clipboard man

Offline Weatherfinatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2018, 09:18 PM »
I would look up Joe *****i and Weatherbell.com. Check out his twitter feed. The guy is right 90% of the time and does REAL research
Tony

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.