Author Topic: Utility snowmobile designed for ice fishing. Google "Ibris T-150" wow!  (Read 8098 times)

Offline longhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
Third generation sled, had everything needed for ice fishing, hitch,storage, lightweight, 325 lbs. forward and reverse.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline longhunter

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline longhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
Look at the videos, about time something like that was available.

Offline longhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
Look at the videos, about time something like that was available.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I think and hope I found an even better solution. Check out Snowdog. https://snowdog.com/index.php?/products/ and the videos.

If all you need is a Mule for towing than this is a great option and better yet, no registration, plates or insurance needed. Since it has no steering gear it is not considered as a vehicle. Ice is just now getting close to good here so I will be out testing how well it does in the next week or so. I bought the B13 ME model and will be adding the reversing unit to it this spring. New on the market this year here in the states and goes on dry ground all year round so can be used for hunting, trapping and fishing.

Gam
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline oleike

• Team IceShanty Regular
yeah....i think trump helped with the design of these

Offline mrjohnny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • to cold for me to fish..i'm packin up
I think and hope I found an even better solution. Check out Snowdog. https://snowdog.com/index.php?/products/ and the videos.

If all you need is a Mule for towing than this is a great option and better yet, no registration, plates or insurance needed. Since it has no steering gear it is not considered as a vehicle. Ice is just now getting close to good here so I will be out testing how well it does in the next week or so. I bought the B13 ME model and will be adding the reversing unit to it this spring. New on the market this year here in the states and goes on dry ground all year round so can be used for hunting, trapping and fishing.

Gam

B13ME ON ORDER..SO EXCITED....
too cold ....aint going out there..

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yeah....i think trump helped with the design of these

I don't care who you are but that  was funny! Yup, designed in Russia but made here.

Gam

Offline wefishandflop

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing with two toddlers.

Gam
I'm so sore today after a weekend of pulling my sled. This thing looks so nice. Needs an auger off the front :)
We'll take any nibbles we get.  Jigging mostly.

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
If that's what they're selling for, there might be a bit of a line up to get one. 

Offline Capt. j-rod

• IceShanty Rookie
Price is right! I'd be nervous about parts. I want a new skidoo skandic 550f in the worst way. It would be nice if they offered a 2-up version. If it had a Honda motor I would order one.

Offline Joe in T.C.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I'm so sore today after a weekend of pulling my sled. This thing looks so nice. Needs an auger off the front :)

Seen this on Ebay

Aftermarket SnowDog Utility Task Machine Accessory Mount

Good Luck All   :tipup:

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
Maybe a little gloat here, this is my first build a couple years ago.  Auger mount is integral.  Posted some time ago in transportation

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Maybe a little gloat here, this is my first build a couple years ago.  Auger mount is integral.  Posted some time ago in transportation

That sure looks great MB. I had a tracked snow blower that I wore the auger part on but it still did fine just going ahead and I always wanted to make a tow motor out of it. Just too slow and heavy to be of much use.

Gam

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat

B13ME ON ORDER..SO EXCITED....

I’m jealous I want one also. Time to start saving up. There is a dealer about a hour away from me.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Finally! Good ice and a start for the season. I got my Snow dog Mule out on some glare ice today at Toronto.

Fishing stunk except for SM Bass. Ice had glare with patches of snow and it was 9 degrees with a 9 MPH North wind. The launch ramp at the dam sucked big time because they dropped the water lever leaving a 30 degree incline of glare ice going up with sharp cracks and humps.

I was dragging the chariot sled attached to the biggest sled shanty on the market today, Otter XT PRO Resort 3 man with room to spare.

I was totally impressed in the performance of the Snow dog machine. No studs in the track and actually no real issues.

Here is my review.

Positive reviews all the way around from me. It was 9 degrees with 12 inches of solid black ice and 10 MPH winds and just a few patches of light snow but otherwise just ice skating ice. The snow dog performed perfect and pulled a chain including the stand up dog sled behind it plus my Otter XT Pro Resort sled shanty and 2 other Clam shanties all tied together and never skipped a beat or had any traction issue until we got back to the launch ramp that was glare ice and a 30 degree incline. On the flat ice it was a complete hoot and perfect mule and no studs required. The sleds being pulled were a different issue. They were wagging the dog all the way from side to side but the dog just chugged along. We had some fun after setting up and playing with just the dog and sled. Picture a boat pulling a skier and doing some sharp turns and a spin out but everyone wanted to go play.

Just to be clear, guys on Snowmobiles with studs and ATVs with chains had just as hard a time going up the launch ramp as the snow dog did if pulling a load. Once I unhooked the shanties from the stand up dog sled I was able to blast up the ramp with very little slipping as long as I got a good run at it. I tried going up in other similar spots that had deep snow cover and no problems at all. Those who want to bash the snow dog's abilities as a ice gear mule are probably just lefties who will never like anything but what they have. A Polaris Ranger with no chains or studs made it just about as far as I did pulling his load and after he unhooked the load he went up all the way same as me.

I will be back out later this week pulling just my clam 2 man and I know for sure it will go where ever I point it. With studs in the track it would easily crawl up the launch ramp with glare ice towing a load. Traction was the issue there but not the power to do it. I am pretty sure if I have snow on top of the ice the dog will do the job just fine and that my friends is exactly where my legs don't have the power.

Gam

Offline Kobey

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks for the nice review Gam.  I've pretty much got myself talked into getting one in the next few years.  A lot cheaper than other options and much easier to get unstuck than a wheeler or snowmobile.

Offline MartyMarPlv

• Team IceShanty Regular

Gam
What?!?! Talk about cool!

Offline Hooked up

• Team IceShanty Regular
If that's what they're selling for, there might be a bit of a line up to get one.

X2

Offline Kobey

• Team IceShanty Regular
Finally clicked on the link for that.  That price is about a grand less than a snowdog.  Now I might be reconsidering.

Offline Big Ice Hole

• Team IceShanty Addict
Finally clicked on the link for that.  That price is about a grand less than a snowdog.  Now I might be reconsidering.

I've heard they sell them at Cycle Enterprise in West Bloomfield N.Y.
Born to fish, Forced to work.

Offline Kobey

• Team IceShanty Regular
I've heard they sell them at Cycle Enterprise in West Bloomfield N.Y.

Thanks, good to know they have dealers in the state.  Now hopefully we'll get some good reviews before I'm ready to pull the trigger on anything.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I went with the Snow dog simply to avoid all the annual fees for license, registration, Insurance the state requires on all ORVs used on public fishing lakes.
I don't yet know how the DEC officers might react to the snow dog but so far it is not considered an ORV and they do not have Vehicle identification numbers to register them with. I am told because they do not have a steering mechanism such as skis or wheels and you don't ride in or on it they are just considered a tow machine and not a vehicle. It folds up to a 5 foot by 2 foot package for storage space unlike the foot print needed for a sled or ATV. I also like the idea that it can be used year round on the ice and on bare earth.

I am not sure that I would go romping through the woods on the dog but on a trail or old wood road it would be fine for dragging a deer or bear out with no snow needed.

Gam

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
Can you get a cab and a heater for either of those?
It must be something in the water.

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
Apples and oranges.  For the guys with very deep pockets, the ultimate ice fishing machine.  Check out Snowbear.  For the rest of us on a budget these snow tractors fill the bill.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Would it be possible to get back to the original subject about the Ibris T-150  ??? I'd be interested in hearing user reports on it!! Seems the thread got hijacked as so often happens on here!! Tight lines!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

luv2fish2

yeah i'm kinda interested, if their reliable?Seems to good to be true alot cheaper than most even kids sleds  ???

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Would it be possible to get back to the original subject about the Ibris T-150  ??? I'd be interested in hearing user reports on it!! Seems the thread got hijacked as so often happens on here!! Tight lines!!!

YUP! I would like to hear more about them as well but the thread probably got hijacked because no one knows much about them yet. I would like to hear how it does pulling a sled shanty through a foot of snow, how it does on glare ice and how it does coming off the ice up to the truck pulling the load.

Does anyone on here even own one?

Gam

Offline EmptyPockets410

• IceShanty Rookie
YUP! I would like to hear more about them as well but the thread probably got hijacked because no one knows much about them yet. I would like to hear how it does pulling a sled shanty through a foot of snow, how it does on glare ice and how it does coming off the ice up to the truck pulling the load.

Does anyone on here even own one?

Gam

Same. I think the price is right but i have to wonder if the motor is little undersized for pulling large shantys while being loaded down with gear and in snow drifts.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.