Author Topic: report on the ION 10X  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Baberuth

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Love fishing
report on the ION 10X
« on: Dec 30, 2017, 09:56 AM »
Just a note for those who wonder how good the battery operated Ion 10X might be. i have waited 3 years to get one. I have the one that can cut 100 holes at 16" on one charge. it exceeded anything I dreamed of and if I went into all the plusses, you would believe i was paid to give this report or that I must work for them. It's worth every dollar I spent. Everything they advertise was right on.
This auger hit a grand slam. Stay safe and make some memories
Baberuth
We let the fish go and my Dad told me I had a wish. I wished the fish would live.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: report on the ION 10X
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2017, 12:56 PM »
Do you have a 10" or 8" auger??
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Baberuth

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Love fishing
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2018, 06:59 PM »
it is 8". saves time and energy. cleans the hole. cuts faster with no pressure. so light. no gas, no choke, no failure to start. no pulling chord. no hot exhaust to be careful of, ez to haul around. cuts so many holes faster because it's ez to go from hole to hole and it cuts fast. you don't get sweated up working so hard cutting holes, carrying extra weight and pulling start chord. you get to fish sooner and have more energy and time left to enjoy the day.

the best of the best.

We let the fish go and my Dad told me I had a wish. I wished the fish would live.

Offline Gills4me

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2018, 07:35 PM »
check out trophy strike .com I just got the 120v 8 inch auger suppose to beat the ion or strikemaster......i.ll let u's know when I test it out

Offline calgarygringo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2018, 10:31 PM »
I don't know. One of the guys on our local Facebook group got a new one of these and went out today for the first trip. The whole bottom piece of the shaft snapped right off. Looks like just cheapo aluminum in the pic. He is going to take it back tomorrow and can't decide to try another or go Ion.

check out trophy strike .com I just got the 120v 8 inch auger suppose to beat the ion or strikemaster......i.ll let u's know when I test it out

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2018, 10:55 PM »
Yup, I went with the Ion and have no regrets. They have been around longer and have great customer service.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline Foosty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2018, 11:11 PM »
Fin bore hand auger. Works perfect no matter what! Drills holes all day long, NEVER runs out of juice, ;)
!!!FISH ON!!!

Offline Dakota-Lew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2018, 12:32 AM »
Ion here as well, first gen too... zero issues, I will gladly pay the price for it. You pay for what you get.

Offline lingcod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2018, 07:45 AM »
Ion all the way: long battery use, quiet, can backflush ice down the hole, cuts like butter. Especially nice for anyone with shoulder issues. Everyone who tries it out is impressed. As stated, you get what you pay for.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2018, 02:21 PM »
For the OP. To clear things up, there is no Ion 10X! It is the Ion X, available in 8" and 10" sizes! :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2018, 10:27 PM »
Fin bore hand auger. Works perfect no matter what! Drills holes all day long, NEVER runs out of juice, ;)

What about with 16 inches of ice and 50 holes? 

Offline Foosty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2018, 10:38 PM »
What about with 16 inches of ice and 50 holes?

i see the need for guys with ice that thick, didn't really think about it before reading this thread because in 4 years here i haven't seen ice thicker than 8".
!!!FISH ON!!!

Offline allthumbs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 07, 2018, 06:18 AM »
I have used one many times . In years past we have had  thaw and refreeze ice 2ft thick on Chautauqua that is as hard as concrete. Couldn't have covered the area we did without an ION !! Worth every penny. If you are worried about the weight of the unit just leave something in the truck to make up for it  you won't regret it
Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching

Offline MartyMarPlv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 07, 2018, 06:39 AM »
Jealous! Some day I will own the Ion.... for now my jiffy 30 works.

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2018, 12:24 AM »
i see the need for guys with ice that thick, didn't really think about it before reading this thread because in 4 years here i haven't seen ice thicker than 8".
My gas runs out around 15 by hand  :tipup:

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 08, 2018, 02:39 AM »
Seems to work well but was real prone to iceing up dew to the ring on the bottom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.