Author Topic: Clam jigs  (Read 1954 times)

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Clam jigs
« Reply #30 on: Dec 27, 2017, 03:56 PM »
Has anyone thought of looking over your tackle while sitting in front of the tv? I inspect ALL new tackle I buy. I can't believe the laziness (I wanted to use another word there) of people today. Whiners? Maybe that's the nicer word I'm looking for.  While I do agree that sporting goods are getting priced higher then the moon, how much more would that lure be priced if they (Clam or the manufacturers) cleaned them out for you? Just don't buy the overpriced stuff and they will go away.

I guess I never seen it as a big deal, or a deal breaker. $10 crankbaits... now THATS a deal breaker. Wont buy them. If i tie on a $10 lure, all I'll think about is getting it snagged and losing it. Then I won't fish it the way it needs to be fished. If it had paint in the eye, it wouldn't matter. Wouldn't buy it anyway.

I like how when it comes to paint in the eye of a $4 jig, it’s laziness on the consumer to not clean it out rather than laziness on the manufacturer by not giving a damn about quality then still charging premium prices.....

You also don’t seem to understand that there are quality brands out there that don’t have ANY paint in the hook eye that are usually several dollars cheaper than clam. It’s ok to be a fanboy, most of us here are to some extent for one brand or another. It’s also ok to call a spade a spade. Clam....well...that’s a spade.

I constantly look over my tackle, especially when it’s hanging on a store shelf. The other times are after I’ve fished with it to see if something has happened from fishing it. I shouldn’t have to finish the manufactures job and with the tackle brands I buy, I don’t have to and it’s cheaper than clam :)
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.