Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Minnewashta lake  (Read 1496 times)

Offline huntneiowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
Minnewashta lake
« on: Dec 18, 2017, 03:37 PM »
Thinking about heading to Minnewashta lake in a couple weeks, I’m sure there should be good ice by then. Any reports or pointers anyone care to share with me? Or where a good spot to get on the ice. Looking for pan fish, thanks.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Minnewashta lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2017, 04:00 PM »
I usually use the access on the south side of the lake. I will be up there that same weekend and plan to fish there or with any luck there will be decent ice on east or spirit lake. Drill holes til you find fish, paid a guide last winter and after talking with him that is basically the strategy he uses, its not overly deep and the crowds will give you an idea where the fish are.

Offline Douglas14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2017, 05:55 PM »
Any ice conditions?

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2017, 09:27 PM »
That lake got so raped a few years ago. There was 3-500 People out there every day. Last year I tried it a couple times and the only decent sized fish were yellow bass. I caught quite a few fish. I've seen nice sized fish come from there but not in the last few years. I would have a plan B in mind if I were to try there.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Mchmss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2017, 10:27 AM »
Anyone have info on ice thickness on Minnewashta? Thinking of going tomorrow 12-23. Any info is appreciated.

Offline drakevh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2017, 05:52 PM »
Spudded my way out about 25 yards and spud went through. I started at the boat ramp and went out. There was a trail someone else took about 100 yards out. I checked the holes they drilled and the ice was only 3 inches. I didn’t need to fish that bad today so I left.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.