Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake Colchester in Norwalk  (Read 878 times)

Offline Bbushong

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Colchester in Norwalk
« on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:33 AM »
Anyone from the DSM metro ever fish lake Colechester  in Norwalk?  I know it's a private lake but was just curious if it had any decent fish in it?

Offline samface83

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Colchester in Norwalk
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:54 AM »
I have only fished it a couple times but a buddy used to live on the lake and would pull out nice crappie and bass during open water...lots of catfish mostly eater size 2-4lbs. Careful of the aerators/solar bees the ice will be thinner near those.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
Re: Lake Colchester in Norwalk
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2017, 10:46 AM »
I've got a buddy who lives on the lake, I've been several times and have hammered big crappies there. The lake is patrolled by the maintenance guy, rightfully so, if you get caught fishing there without someone who lives there you could be arrested for trespassing, not worth getting picked up for that. This same buddy has a pontoon and about 5 years ago in the spring was out cruising around and found a 19" crappie flopping half dead and took pics with it before putting it back, from fingertip to elbow, just huge. Lots of little channel cats too, most of them get thrown on the ice to get them out of there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.