Author Topic: Paging Systems  (Read 3131 times)

Offline BUSCHLITE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Paging Systems
« on: Jan 11, 2003, 11:43 AM »
Anyone useing the new paging deal from strike sensor? How are they working for you? What style batt. do they use> How often do they have to be changed? What does the light do does it blink or does it just come on. And how bright is it? :'( :'( :'(

ICE_SHACK_KING

Re: Paging Systems
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2003, 06:04 PM »
I HAVE BEEN USING STRIKESENSOR PAGING SYSTEM FOR THREE YEARS NOW AND IM NOT VERY IMPRESSED.  THEY ARE GREAT WHEN THEY WORK.  THEY USE 9V BATTERIES IN THE TRANSMITTER AND THE PAGER AND ONCE TURNED ON THE BATTERY WILL LAST ABOUT 30 HOURS.  I PREVIOUSLY HAD MADE MY OWN AND THEY DIDNT GIVE ME HALF THE PROBLEMS THAT THESE DO.  I NOW HAVE EIGHT TRANSMITTERS AND ONLY THREE OF THEM ACTUALLY WORK AND IM ON MY SECOND PAGER AS OF LAST YEAR.  YES, I DO TAKE CARE OF THEM AND STORE THEM IN A SEPERATE DRY PLACE WHEN IM DONE USING THEM.  LAST YEAR I OPENED ONE OF THE TRANSMITTERS UP THAT DIDNT WORK AND IT SEEMED TO BE PRETTY CHEAPLY MADE INSIDE.  I EVEN CONTACTED THE COMPANY AND TOLD THEM I WOULD BE HAPPY TO PAY A LITTLE MORE FOR THE SYSTEMS IF THEY WOULD LAST FOR YEARS INSTEAD OF A SEASON.  WELL, THATS JUST MY TWO CENTS ON IT ANYWAY..   :'(

Offline twodoggs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice hard, so fish hard.  but keep it fun.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2003, 07:40 PM »
I was just wondering.  Well I guess I shall just say it "Why the H**L would you keep buying these things if you don't like it?"  ??? I have not really seen one working.  My cousin bought one.  so far it has not gone off.  So it has worked well for me.  I have got all the flags. ;D

ICE_SHACK_KING

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2003, 04:42 PM »
THE REASON I BOUGHT MORE WAS BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT MUST HAVE BEEN SOMETHING THAT I WAS DOING WRONG.  I WENT TO USE THEM THIS LAST WEEKEND AND NOW THERE ARE TWO MORE TRANSMITTERS THAT DO NOT WORK.  DON'T WORRY, I'M NOT BUYING ANYMORE SINCE THEY SEEM TO BE SUCH POOR QUALITY.  I WILL GO BACK TO MY HOMEMADE ONES AND STOP COMPLAINING... :-[

Offline jp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2003, 11:23 PM »
how did you go about making your homemade ones.

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2003, 03:35 AM »
Yeah,what is the scoop on the home made ones ??? :'(

ICE_SHACK_KING

« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2003, 03:27 PM »
WOW,
I DONT KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING ON THE HOMEMADE ONES.  RADIO SHACK CARRIES ALMOST ALL OF THE PARTS THAT YOU NEED.  THE PARTS THAT THEY DIDN'T HAVE I FOUND AT A SECURITY SYSTEMS PLACE.  THEY ARE QUITE TIME CONSUMING SINCE YOU HAVE TO SOLDER EVERYTHING TO THE PC BOARD.  IF YOU REALLY WANT ME TO ATTEMPT TO EXPLAIN IT LET ME KNOW.  MY ORIGINAL ONES ONLY CARRIED OUT TO ABOUT FIFTY YARDS, BUT AFTER MESSING WITH IT A BUNCH I THINK I COULD GET A LOT MORE RANGE OUT OF THEM NOW.   :'(

Offline toadster2002

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2003, 07:30 PM »
I made mine about 10 years ago out of walkie talkies it is pretty easy if want instructions just let me know.

Good fishing

Offline reelcharacter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bluegills, That's how it all got started . . .
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2005, 12:26 PM »
I have been searching the board before posting this as a new topic, and finally, here it is.

I wondered if anyone had tried to make their own set of Tip Up alarms and pocket pager. I figured with pagers going the way of the Edsel and 45 albums, (with the popularity and new technology of cell phones), that reclaimed pagers could be easy to obtain. Thought Radio Shack might have the other gizmos for attaching to the Tip Ups. Did not know where to begin in selecting the Tip Up parts needed and then there is the frequency thing between the Tip Up unit and the Pager.

Figured with my luck and technological "ability" I would end up with a unit tha worked fine, but went off every time someone hit their garage door opener or hit the automatic starter on their cars.

So, can you try to help me out with some ideas or instructions???  ???

Thanks,
-Reelcharacter
PM me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Offline DaFish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2005, 08:11 PM »
I always thought about getting these but I have too much gear already.   Last weekend when I attempted to use the Aquaview in murky water, my friend came up with the idea " why don't we just uncoil the camera and put it next to a tipup"  we had a good laugh. ;D

Offline TheStray

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 03, 2005, 03:03 PM »
Hey man can I get a schematic on the home made tip-up pager.  I can solder fairly well and have made a few electronic things but I would like to make one of these and don't know where to start.

Offline reelcharacter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bluegills, That's how it all got started . . .
« Reply #11 on: Mar 04, 2005, 09:35 PM »
A picture or two would be good to see.

-Reelcharacter
PM me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.