Author Topic: One man flip  (Read 4222 times)

Offline huntneiowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
One man flip
« on: Nov 25, 2017, 05:35 PM »
Looking at getting a insulated one man flip for this year. Was wondering what others have and any problems with any of them. Will be going to the twin cities ice show next weekend and was looking for input as to what models to check out or stay away from. Thanks

Offline huntneiowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: One man flip
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2017, 08:32 PM »
Kinda want something like the kenai pro thermal and the Eskimo wide one inferno. But not sold on the idea of the widening front looks kinda flimsy

Offline Rockfish24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2017, 08:47 PM »
I have an otter hideout and haven't had any issues with it.  It weighs 59lbs, there are some other makes that aren't as heavy.  I have no problem pulling it by hand or towing it in tandem when taking multiple huts out behind sled or atv.  The fact that the poles don't collapse makes it very quick and easy to set up/take down.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2017, 10:23 PM »
Kinda want something like the kenai pro thermal and the Eskimo wide one inferno. But not sold on the idea of the widening front looks kinda flimsy

I am going to be running a Kenai Pro Thermal Stealth this season as my one man. I like the fact that it has the deeper sled and is a flip and fish design where you don't have to extend any poles. I added a corner console, a four place rod holder, and a piece of 4 inch PVC pipe to hold my little buddy heater, hitch for pulling with a atv or snowmobile when I get one, and the rear receiver hitch for pulling a second house. on the corner console I mounted a base to hook my Vexilar on. I can post some pics if interested in seeing how I laid it out inside. also almost forgot added a padded seat cover to turn the basic seat into a deluxe seat. it had the battery bracket and light bar in it already. also added a runner kit to it and travel cover. will run it this year and maybe next then sell it off and get a new one.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline honest john

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2017, 08:42 AM »
Yes, please.  I would like to see pictures.
Thanks for sharing.

Offline hackmoss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2017, 09:19 AM »
I love my clam thermal legend xl

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2017, 02:22 PM »
here is the lay out of my Kenai Stealth :

here is the front hitch

here is the rear receiver hitch

everything inside and set up

FLX-28 mounted to the Corner Console via a Pro Mount with a Tri Beam Transducer

the 4 place rod holder

the heater and PVC pipe holder for the tank

Seat back storage for small jig boxes and plastics and other small tools

towel hooked on the overhead light bar, fish counter on there too.

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2017, 03:14 PM »
 Monticatgeek, I have the Kenai Stealth also. Ran it last year and loved it. The fabric is the best! I wasn't sure on Clams seat cover if it was padded or not, the description isn't very good, so I added my own padding. I also added the corner console, but didn't put in the battery bracket because it's so heavy. I just hook my light to my ultrapack. I'll be happy with this shelter for years to come.
 One thing I may try is to extend the width on the porch pole a little. Looks to me there is plenty of fabric that direction to add a two inch spacer.

Offline PaddyO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2017, 08:33 PM »
I am them same - kick ass little warm dark hut
Clam Kenia Pro Thermo Stealth
Otter XT X-Cabin Thermo
Clam Kenia Pro
Marcum Showdown
Marcum VS485C
Labatt Blue Light

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2017, 08:48 PM »
Monticatgeek, nice mods. 2 questions...how is the PVC tank tube attached to the sled and does the tent catch on the rods when you flip it backwards?

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2017, 11:23 PM »
Monticatgeek, nice mods. 2 questions...how is the PVC tank tube attached to the sled and does the tent catch on the rods when you flip it backwards?

the PVC is just bolted to the side of the sled with two short small carriage bolts and lock nuts. the rods only go in the holder on the side there when I have it set up and not moving around. if I want to move I pull them and put them in the hammock under the seat. you could probably use the back support pole to keep the house from folding completely flat and then just carefully pull the fabric away from the rods as you fold it back.

Offline PaddyO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 09, 2017, 06:21 PM »
I did a lot of mod's to mine - need to figure how to post pictures.  Added a pound cake pan directly under the seat in front, swing out rod end holders on both sides, LED's, ect, ect.  The pound cake pan is the kicker - just slide the seat back a few inches for easy storage access
Clam Kenia Pro Thermo Stealth
Otter XT X-Cabin Thermo
Clam Kenia Pro
Marcum Showdown
Marcum VS485C
Labatt Blue Light

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.