Author Topic: Lowrance 520C  (Read 347 times)

Offline David Snyder

• IceShanty Rookie
Lowrance 520C
« on: Nov 24, 2017, 03:53 PM »
I have a Lowrance 520c that I'd like to see if I could use for ice fishing.
It is a very good unit and performs like new. Is there a conversion kit for it or could I purchase items separately for use on the ice? Does anyone have pics or identifying numbers to build or buy? Thanking you in advance for any help

Offline theangling1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lowrance 520C
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2017, 04:00 PM »
Lowrance sells an ice pack for around $150, have mount, bag, transducer w float, not sure about battery and charger, you’d have to look. I used my 522 a couple of seasons and it worked fine.

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2017, 04:07 PM »
You could probably get off cheap if you can find a way to hang your existing transom mount transducer in the hole. But it MUST hang straight to be usable.

I used an old Humminbird LCR 300TX for a while. I made a bracket out of metal rod to mount the transducer to. It worked fine till I got my LX5.
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline F.I.Sherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2017, 06:52 PM »
I use my 522c, I love it. it has both the flasher and graph screens plus it has internal gps

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2017, 07:26 PM »
At the bare minimum you're going to need a 12v SLA battery and charger which can be had for around $20 on Amazon, something to mount it to and either an ice transducer or you'll have to rig the skimmer to hang level.  If you're handy you can probably whip up something sufficient for a case or you can buy them online.  The Lowrance skimmer transducers(at least the ones I've seen) have a very thick and stiff sheathing on them that only gets stiffer as it gets colder, if you can swing the loot buy the new transducer and save yourself the headache.

When you get it out on the ice turn off Fish ID and crank the scroll speed to max, adjust color line and sensitivity to taste.     
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.