Author Topic: Another electric auger thread !!!  (Read 1352 times)

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
Another electric auger thread !!!
« on: Nov 24, 2017, 03:04 PM »
Looking for any info on the new trophy strike 120v auger !!!   Does anybody have any info ??

https://www.trophystrike.com/product/120v-ice-auger/

Here is one video I found .

Offline Dakota-Lew

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Another electric auger thread !!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2017, 03:18 PM »
How long will it be around, Ions been around for a long time now. My two cents, i have the first gen Ion, and still going strong as the day i bought it. How many strike master things have gone by the way side? my suggestion, if your looking for a stand alone electric auger, hard to beat the ion.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2017, 03:23 PM »
They look awesome..

Although, (I think ice gator plays into making it tough to be accepted) for new brands..

I like how there's nothing proprietary on the clam plate. You can replace the important stuff with a countless number of brands and combinations that suit you..

<°)))>{

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2017, 03:27 PM »
Looking pretty cool.  Fast and, by the info, it is an "impact" drive mechanism.  Wonder that will do to the cutting head/blades?
I like my Milwauki setup pretty well.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2017, 04:10 PM »
Finally hit a topic I know. Watching the video on their website shows it to be significantly faster than an Ion but not as fast as an IceGator (the DeLorean of electric augers) by about the same difference. It needs to be noted that Trophy Strike is in business, albeit newly so, and IceGator is extinct. At 25.2 lbs. you'll wish you had bought something lighter. I got my Gator down to about 18 lbs with the ion battery upgrade. I'd still take any of these electric jobs over any gas or propane auger, no contest.
  Take counsel with yourself and decide how important it is to drill your holes at 2"/second or if you really need sixty holes in a day. That's a feature but not really a benefit for my style of fishing. I'm currently also running an M18 Fuel/Kovac adaptor/ 8" blue Nils and that's a very sweet and simple outfit. Plus I get great drill to use year round.
Good luck this season.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2017, 07:57 PM »
IceGator (the DeLorean of electric augers)

Good one.   ;D    I am still in love my gator, use it when the going gets a bit tougher and the machines come out on the ice.

Offline TrophyStrike

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2017, 08:38 PM »
We have them on sale now!!  The 2018 model is improved, 2lbs lighter than last year.   RPM is raised to 380 on the 2018 120v model, so its a little quicker than what you see in that video.  And all units ship with our new auger, custom easy mount blades, and a cast aluminum head, guaranteed not to ice up like some of the others out there!!

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=348837.0

We'll be at the St Paul ice show Dec 2nd, hope to see some of you there!

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2017, 06:46 AM »
We have them on sale now!!  The 2018 model is improved, 2lbs lighter than last year.   RPM is raised to 380 on the 2018 120v model, so its a little quicker than what you see in that video.  And all units ship with our new auger, custom easy mount blades, and a cast aluminum head, guaranteed not to ice up like some of the others out there!!

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=348837.0

We'll be at the St Paul ice show Dec 2nd, hope to see some of you there!
I believe you have a dandy product there. You're obviously better capitalized and professional than that old mom and pop operation that is no more.
Your target market is, as I'm sure you've figured out, the many gassers out there. Try making a video showing your Trophy Strike against any two or three of the top gassers in a cold start situation which is what we all face every time out. You'll be shown merrily drilling holes from jump while the other birds are pulling and choking and cursing and maybe even just warming up. 
  I wish you every success.
Stinky
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.