Author Topic: Mounting KDrill to machine  (Read 4408 times)

Offline wwhite

• IceShanty Rookie
Mounting KDrill to machine
« on: Nov 15, 2017, 08:23 AM »
I got a snowmobile recently and am working on getting things set up.  How are you mounting your KDrill on your machine? 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Mounting KDrill to machine
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2017, 08:46 AM »
although I don't have a snowmobile I came across some interesting videos

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2017, 05:38 PM »
Just a heads up on the Johnsons Cargo System for those who may be considering one......according to a recent post at another site, the owner of the business states he is going out of business by the end of this year if not sooner. 
You can observe alot by watching.
Yogi Berra

Offline wwhite

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2017, 06:54 AM »
I did contact the manufacturer of the Jaws of Ice and they stated at that the Kdrill will not fit in their auger rack.  With that being said it does appear that it could easily be modified as it appears that exactly what the gentleman in the first video did.

Has anyone used an ATV style gun rack?

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2017, 07:19 AM »
I did contact the manufacturer of the Jaws of Ice and they stated at that the Kdrill will not fit in their auger rack.  With that being said it does appear that it could easily be modified as it appears that exactly what the gentleman in the first video did.

Has anyone used an ATV style gun rack?

I use one on my ATV front rack

One IS member posted a picture of his set on his sled using a PVC pipe/tube ...attached at an angle on the side of his sled toward the rear ...cant seem to find that post though... there are several commercial tube auger holders out there ..Rhino/Otter outdoors and Kolpin come to mind
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2017, 08:44 AM »
I'm wondering if the Koplin Rhino grip or ratcheting rhino grip would work. The regular rhino grips might not be wide enough with the close flightings on the kdrill but since the ratcheting ones open up, they might be a possibility. I'm in the same boat for my ATV this year...
Da Pack!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2017, 07:49 AM »

Offline wwhite

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2017, 12:11 PM »
I ended up getting the Koplin Rhino Grip XL UTV mount and that seems to work spot on.  The grips are rubber so I adjusted the one that holds the KDrill flighting, the motor end was good to go.  Mounted easily to the rack on my sled and is pretty solid. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.