Author Topic: Icegator 9.5 auger blades  (Read 1201 times)

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Icegator 9.5 auger blades
« on: Nov 13, 2017, 09:24 AM »
I will eventually be needing some replacement cutter blades for my 9.5 auger. Does anyone know of a replacement blade, also the blades are 2 1/4" long

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Icegator 9.5 auger blades
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2017, 10:13 AM »
i ran a web search and found nothing at all.

you may want to take them to a metal fabricator and see what they can do. at the very least, you can make a template until then before getting them sharpened.
our local fabricator is not expensive to work with.

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2017, 10:49 AM »
I am wondering the same thing about a metel shop also there was a post on ice shanty about a Mora 5" with the same dimensions 2 1/4 cutting edge
Also does anyone use the hand sharpener for touching up thier auger blades if so is it the same sharpener as the one you can use to sharpen a knife with?
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=106850.0

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2017, 11:10 AM »
Can't help you with the mora blade question ...as far as a knife sharping kit ...as long as you can get the right angle it may work ...but I am quite certain that you probably cant ..or there would have been an post or two on it .

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=309016.80
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2017, 11:49 AM »
something sounds funky there looks funky too a pic of your auger bottom and top might help. Is that gator a 3 blade set up? Measure the distance between the holes and post.

Offline KinnickResident

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2017, 11:51 AM »
This is one of the reasons I never buy anything from a small, start-up company. They go out of business as soon as they come in and then you have this problem.

When those blades get too dull to use I'd be getting a Strikemaster 40v or an Ion.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2017, 07:31 PM »
I hate to say it, but a $150 10in Ion bit might be cheaper to go to in the long run.

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2017, 07:48 PM »
something sounds funky there looks funky too a pic of your auger bottom and top might help. Is that gator a 3 blade set up? Measure the distance between the holes and post.
Between the holes in 7/8 " it's same length and spacing between holes as the 5 inch Mora. But the is 2.25 Mora is wider on both ends of the blade. The 9.5 is a 4 blade bit

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2017, 11:43 PM »
ok that makes more sense. I have some used 5 moras and screws if you want to see if they would work.

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2017, 05:58 AM »
Iceshanty sponsor Fish307.com has a blade sharpening and exchange service. Maybe they can help.
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline DrewFlu33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 14, 2017, 02:35 PM »
I hate to say it, but a $150 10in Ion bit might be cheaper to go to in the long run.
This, but a regular Eskimo or Strikemaster bit is the right size shaft to mate up to the Ice Gator power head.  The shaft is too large to fit an ion bit. 

I run a 10 inch Lazer on mine, but will be downsizing to an 8 inch for this season just because the holes take up too much room in my shack.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 14, 2017, 05:32 PM »
This is one of the reasons I never buy anything from a small, start-up company. They go out of business as soon as they come in and then you have this problem.

When those blades get too dull to use I'd be getting a Strikemaster 40v or an Ion.

Hey at least this guy actually got something for his money.....many people never got anything.

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 17, 2017, 09:03 PM »
So if anyone wants to know the 5" Mora fits perfectly on the 9.5 auger

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.