Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Ice Tackle Order  (Read 2390 times)

Offline bert29

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice Tackle Order
« on: Nov 06, 2017, 02:24 PM »
Well, as we finally turn the clocks back, and temps continue to be on the cool side, I got the itch to place my order of tackle for upcoming ice fishing season.
I ordered from Custom Jigs & Spins
some finesse plastics (both ratso and wedgie bodies of various colors)
Flu-Flu jigs (I had awesome luck with these all winter on big crappies and yellow bass!)
some Tungsten Chekai jigs

what are some of the items you all plan on either trying new (or re-stocking old favorites)?

Offline IcePirateJace

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice Tackle Order
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2017, 02:48 PM »
I got a cart on Cabelas waiting for a sale to come. Spoons and lipless cranks for the most part. Wanna try a few blade baits. I just wish their selection was better. FishUSA has a very nice web platform where you can order multiple colors/sizes right from the same page. Cabelas selection/ordering process leaves something to be desired.

Offline bert29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2017, 04:18 PM »
spoons always good choice for variety of species.  I ordered some of the Custom Jigs & Spins hammered metal spoons (kind of like the original Hopkins metal spoons with hammered finish) and also the Vertiglo Lightning spoons last year and loved them! I have several of the Slender Spoons, but I like having a variety of different spoons (inlcuding Kastmasters, swedish pimples, etc). I like blade baits too. I have very good luck with some of the Cicada blade baits and chubby darters, too.

by the way, Ice P Joe, you mentioned issues with Cabelas and ordering. I ordered my stuff about noon today, and just got email notification that my order has been shipped already!
CJ & Spins guys do excellent job of getting stuff out very quickly!

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2017, 04:53 PM »
Received my order from Widow Maker lures a couple days ago. 30 tungsten jigs (all glow) and a very nice tackle box. Very quick and free shipping to boot. Ordered 2 in line reels and a new Strikemaster 4" hand auger from Fish USA should be here soon. Cold week up here but warming next week. Still catching perch and walleyes open water so I can wait.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2017, 08:27 PM »
Also got my widowmaker tungston jigs this weekend, very fast. Seemed kind of pricey at first but when you do the math that is a great deal, plus the case! I needed to free up my other case for spoons anyway.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2017, 03:49 PM »
I need to order a couple rippin raps and some more line

Catchin' Fish

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2017, 05:53 AM »
Check out Fish USA,  they just had a buy one get one 40% off and free shipping over $50. Mine order will be here Monday.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2017, 08:33 AM »
As Bates said, check out the sponsor sites, they usually run some good sales during Black Friday.

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2017, 06:31 PM »
FishUSA has/had a deal, $10 off $40 or more order with free shipping over $50. My order came to $54+ and got $10 off and free shipping. Great place for ice fishing stuff, don't even want to look for open water.

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2017, 04:03 PM »
It wasn't a ice fishing purchase but if you haven't checked out FishUSA for lots of fishing needs, you should. Just bought a few more items, if bought in Iowa online, total would've been $119.35 with free shipping. Bought from FishUSA  $83.74 free shipping and no tax and a coupon.

Offline Joe Wayne

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2017, 06:49 PM »
FishUSA has/had a deal, $10 off $40 or more order with free shipping over $50. My order came to $54+ and got $10 off and free shipping. Great place for ice fishing stuff, don't even want to look for open water.
I did a Cyber Monday purchase from them, (new line and some go-to lures) and received a $15/off $75 or more coupon. Looking at a Pflueger Pres. once they get them back in stock.
Joe Wayne | Ankeny, IA

Offline yakker13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2017, 09:04 AM »
Ordered a couple of Pflueger Presidents (older model size 20) from Scheels for $29.00 each found in their ice flyer. Should arrive on Monday. Looks like they are all gone now though. Oh, and free shipping as well so $64 with tax for 2 $50 reels. Not bad.
Lots of good deals in this: https://www.scheels.com/current-flyers.html

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2017, 04:57 AM »
Ordered a couple of Pflueger Presidents (older model size 20) from Scheels for $29.00 each found in their ice flyer. Should arrive on Monday. Looks like they are all gone now though. Oh, and free shipping as well so $64 with tax for 2 $50 reels. Not bad.
Lots of good deals in this: https://www.scheels.com/current-flyers.html
Good buy! Those are really good reels!
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.