Author Topic: New One For Me  (Read 899 times)

Offline The Common Man

• IceShanty Rookie
New One For Me
« on: Feb 20, 2006, 08:07 PM »
I fished Flathorn again on Sunday and I started off the day by missing 3 fish in a row.  However, after I missed the third, the same flag went up about five mintues later and I was able to get the little slimer in.  When I put the jaw-spreader in to remove the hook, he had two herring in his mouth...the one he just went after and the one from just before.  The one he took before was only half way down his throat when he went after another one. 

I only caught one decent Northern all day (29") but it was great to be out.

Offline bigmick!

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New One For Me
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2006, 11:49 PM »
 Thats great. at least your getting some size!!!
 Is the ice still plunty thick?
Did you reuse the herring?

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2006, 12:06 AM »
Atta way CM!  Your just feeding the pike getting them nice and fat on those tasty herring!  Keep it up......  Maybe next year they'll be hogs! :tipup:
TEAM ALASKA

Offline The Common Man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2006, 02:33 PM »
I am hoping they get bigger for sure.  I have been throwing everything back...even the bigger ones.  I sure like catching them and I am waiting for the 40 incher.

Bigmick, the ice was a tiny bit thicker than a couple of weeks ago.  An extension would be helpful for sure.  Yep, I reused the herring even though I had to use some creative hooking to keep it together.   Believe it or not I was the only one out there until around 3:00pm. 

Offline chef viktor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2006, 08:41 PM »
Wow Gordy sitting alone on the lake working is rod, one lucky guy I am Jealous, Chef

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.