Author Topic: Finally made it to Simcoe  (Read 629 times)

Offline MILLERMANKT

• Team IceShanty Addict
Finally made it to Simcoe
« on: Feb 19, 2006, 06:48 PM »
Made my first trip to Simcoe yesterday. Myself and 5 buddies! We stayed at Yellow huts, seemed OK. I have nothing to compare it to though. Mac was right, it is under new ownership (Charlie). The fishing definatly could have been better. It was cold and WINDY ! 4 degrees when we got there. We only managed to come home w/ 13 perch over 9 inches. Didn't see much on the Aquaview either. Tried minnows(supplied), spikes, Chicken skin and perch eyes.Oh well..it's fishing not catching. The huts were warm and we had fun anyhow. (even if I did manage to drop my 2-way motorola radio down the hole.)Talking to other people out there, we did pretty good. A fish and game officer came by to check our liscense and couldn't have been nicer. Funny seeing a guy pull up on a snowmobile in a green snowmobile suit and wearing a Glock handgun on his hip!! Motel 400 was OK too..although $100 Amer. seemed pricey for 3 guys. It was clean,the beds were comfy and we drank more beer and ordered a pizza. I hope you guys did better than we did.  Later!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.