The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 5 missing snowmobilers VT & NH waters  (Read 1262 times)

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
5 missing snowmobilers VT & NH waters
« on: Feb 12, 2017, 06:05 PM »
My thoughts go out to the families: 2 missing snowmobilers on VT/NY border on Southern Champlain,  2 riders passed away and one rider missing on "Wini" in NH.  Wini riders were taking part in the fishing derby when they went for a ride. 

Offline NHHARDWATER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • -Aaron-
Re: 5 missing snowmobilers VT & NH waters
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2017, 08:46 PM »
Tragic. Always terrible to hear about this stuff. My understanding of the winni incidents, is that none of them were in the derby, they were up visiting some friends that were fishing the derby, and decided to take a ride out to the broads. There was another group that went through on winni up in moultonboro near long island as well, a family member of my best friend''s wife was one of the casualties. The guy was skimming across open water from what I understand and did not make it.
Chasing Ice

Offline shadylane

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2017, 06:59 AM »
The guy was skimming across open water from what I understand and did not make it.

Why?  I just don't understand it.  Especially the year we've had this year with the ice conditions, I just don't understand.  I hate to be cold hearted but people like this, or the people that drive on the ice without checking the thickness or know the thickness and don't care, but I just don't feel bad for them.  I feel terrible for their families, since they are the ones that are suffering with these mindless decisions.

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2017, 09:32 AM »
 ??? ::) Final toll at Winnipesaukee is 3 dead and two treated for hypthermia :P   Skimming is illegal in NH and I guess some times you break the law and pay the ultimate penalty??    Just a few days ago the live cams showed the broad lake with open water and skim ice??    If you can imagine it being like machining from the Sandbar to St. Albans?
Body of 15 year old was recovered.  I feel terrible for his mother :'(
Dick

Offline spot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2017, 10:21 AM »
Sad
May the fish be with you.

Randy

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2017, 11:38 AM »
Just because the ice is holding snow, doesn't mean it is safe enough to walk or sled on!  Very tragic & sad...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.