The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Willoughby  (Read 812 times)

Offline ScreaminReelz

• IceShanty Rookie
Willoughby
« on: Feb 09, 2017, 08:20 PM »
Heading up to Willoughby tomorrow to try my luck. Can anyone give me an update on conditions. My son was there last weekend and said there was maybe a dozen shanties off the boat launch. Hoping there's enough ice to put out the shanty but if not I still have a pop up. Also how about smelt, are they hitting, has anyone found them yet

Offline thefishingweatherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Willoughby
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2017, 06:58 AM »
The entire lake is iced over but I am not sure how safe it is, especially toward the deeper areas and around the bigger brooks. The woman at the store in Westmore said there was open water near where Mill Brook comes in a few days ago, so I would avoid that area. The northern part of the lake north of the launch has between 8 and 12" or so. It's excruciatingly cold and windy here today, so if you don't have a shack with a heater, I wouldn't even bother. We have both, and I am not even sure how long we'll make it. Lots of blowing snow too, so tip ups are going to be impossible to use unless you have the kind that covers up the hole. Tomorrow (Sat) will be nicer.

Offline ScreaminReelz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2017, 07:24 AM »
Thanks for the update on the road now be there in a couple hours

Offline Hideebeez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2017, 04:21 PM »
Is the ice safe right off the launch in 80 for or so?

Offline thefishingweatherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2017, 04:48 PM »
Is the ice safe right off the launch in 80 for or so?

I can't say for sure, but looked like some guys were fishing out that deep there earlier. It's worth a try, but I would just drill frequent test holes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.