New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: NY's most useful members!  (Read 7964 times)

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
NY's most useful members!
« on: Feb 16, 2006, 07:52 AM »
OK,
  I was thinking about how great iceshanty is the other day and how much time I've spent on here and then I realized that there are certain members who's posts I really appreciate.  I thought I would make a list to say "thanks' to all the guys whose posts I find useful, hilarious, or just downright wierd.  These people are true assets to the site in many ways.  So here goes:

bigredonice...ok probably no explanation needed but I appreciate his knowledge of fisheries and the fact that his post are usually informative

retiredECO....this guy always clears the air whenever anyone has a question regarding conservation laws and practices.  Great guy to have on the forum and always provides good accurate reports on some of the lakes that I fish.

oakorchardfishking...t his guy is taking time out of his own schedule to try and organize a get together on conesus lake this year even though the weather isn't cooperating at all.  After reading most of his reports he seems like a good guy at least as far as I can judge

hali-man...does a good job of keeping people informed on silver lake ice conditions and also "stirs-the-pot" to keep things interesting and entertaining

SlipBob.....Again maybe no explanation needed, but this guy always puts up informative posts as well as some pretty humerous posts from time to time.  Definately an asset to the NY forum both in terms of his willingness to share info and for his fishing prowess

Archbishop...this guy will be one of the first to respond to any thread (at least he was until he got a jobby job) and is a great guy as well.   Always keeps the site animated and can turn even the dullest of topics into an exciting thread.

Dr. Bluegill and Shark....I grouped these guys into the same line.  They always provide timely ice conditons on Honeoye lake and for that I would like to thank them both.

pondpro....this kid has no fear.  Will mix it up with anyone on the site.  With a name like "pondpro"  he can't really be taken too seriously.  His posts crack me up though and because of that I always read them. 

adkRoy....seems like a nice guy, never really has anything bad to say about anyone, contributes in multiple ways, and has one of the toughest jobs on the planet.....

fingerlakes fisher.....well there are 2 guys with basically the same screen name and I'm not sure which one is which, but they both?? seem to put up some good posts from time to time.

Billybono....Man I wish I had this guys job!  He seems to be fishing every day of the week!  Not afraid to put the young guys in their place either.

Marshrat...OK...OK I know this kid is from Pennsyltucky, but his posts are so darn funny. He dishes it out and he can take it. Looks like he spends most of his time over on the NY board and who could blame him for that.  He's kinda like a mosquito that just keep buzzing around your head...you'll never ever kill it, but when you've got your hands full of stuff he'll start buzzing around. To top it all off he's pratically the national spellling bee champ.

Gambell.....A fishing machine for the NY board (just look at some of his mounts) and a nice guy to boot.  We were supposed to hook up and do some walleye fishing but the ice went away before we could get together and ice some walleyes.  Hopefully if not this year, we'll get some time to fish next year.  Eager to post ice conditions as well, and this is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

rgfixit....probably one of the most diplomatic moderators on the NY board.  I always appreciate his input and the way he goes about keeping things in order..same goes for our newest mod CamoFish

Mac...last but not least I enjoy reading Mac's posts.....not only because they crack me up sometimes, but also because I think he has a good attitude when it comes to fishing....and afterall that's what it's all about.

I know there are many more that I didn't mention.  Just wanted these guys to know that I appreciate all they do to make the NY forum great.  Let's hear from everyone else....who is someone you respect or who has helped you in the past here on the NY forum?

hali-man

Re: NY's most useful members!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2006, 08:27 AM »
-SilverLakeView has been doing the work on SL lately with (almost) live footage and reports...

-Hood and his northern cohorts have great stories and pics. "Lurk and DIE..this is a brotherhood!" Who can argue with that?

There are many others...

bonkfan14

« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2006, 08:38 AM »
essox-slayer gets my vote he puts down an essay everytime he gives a report & conditions report....zeke

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2006, 08:49 AM »
ICEGEEK,
Thanks for taking the time to add me to your list, but I really am only doing the Conesus thing for fun! I guess though in a valuable kind of way... the party is a good way to meet and network with people, and to put some faces to names that you have been talking with on here for a long time! Afterall, that is what started the original one!

As for who I would consider the most useful....
I could not begin to list everyones names, because in some way or another everyone on here is useful, helpful or just out there to put some laughter into someones day! (although, there are a select few that should be just simply buried under the ice...  :o )
I look at it as a team effort, no single one person outshines another!
Its pretty amazing to me, that even when some of us occasionally have our indifferences... we all overcome it as a team and move on for the sake of doing what we all love to do.... FISH!
Afterall, that is why we are all here on this site!

I will say this though... We all have our own style and technique of individualized fishing... the fun part of being a member on this site for me is that I have become friends with alot of you... But some of the friends I have made have really taught me alot. So I think friendship and learning is a big part of this site as a whole, not just select individuals!

Good thread idea ICEGEEK!

Offline NYFishFinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing is not only a sport, but a Dedication
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2006, 09:19 AM »
Ive only been around the CNY area for a little while and these lakes are new to me....I would have to say essoz-slayer, billybono, and crappiedaddie have been very helpful in giving pointers and tips on places to go and fish,  But indirectly everyone on this site helps me out because whether im reading a thread or posting one i always end up with helpful information.  Thanks guys

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2006, 10:25 AM »
First of all I would like to thank Icegeek for his hard work on this site even though he's not a moderator.

Second I'm honored being nominated on the list. I just spent 2 days grading NYS English exams for Middle school kids and man I need to go icefishing in the worst way! :P

I would like to thank everyone who posts those awsome pictures:
   Caroga kid, coldbum, Robb, Slipbob, Bigredonice, Mac, etc..... (sorry if I left people out my brain is still fried)

I would also like to thank all the people who gave me advice on fishing certain lakes... you know who you are  
;)2

And finally, a big hand to our moderators :clap: :clap: :clap: for all their hard work on this site.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2006, 10:28 AM »
First of all I would like to thank Icegeek for his hard work on this site even though he's not a moderator.

Second I'm honored being nominated on the list. I just spent 2 days grading NYS English exams for Middle school kids and man I need to go icefishing in the worst way! :P

I would like to thank everyone who posts those awsome pictures:
   Caroga kid, coldbum, Robb, Slipbob, Bigredonice, Mac, etc..... (sorry if I left people out my brain is still fried)

I would also like to thank all the people who gave me advice on fishing certain lakes... you know who you are 

Roy liking thosae NYS asssements????
have to do the SS 8th in June, Same joy, plenty of DBQ's to read, we grade as a distric not buildings.
Good luck to ya hope your kids get 4'-5s, and catc hsome whoppers
;)2

And finally, a big hand to our moderators :clap: :clap: :clap: for all their hard work on this site.
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2006, 10:30 AM »
Bucksi,
    I have the NYS Math to give in less than a month. :P

Offline Rangerclay

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My fishin' buddies!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2006, 10:45 AM »
essox-slayer gets my vote he puts down an essay everytime he gives a report & conditions report....zeke

I will second that motion! ;)

Ranger :tipup:

Offline kirkwooders

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Websters definition of a northern red neck.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2006, 10:50 AM »
I feel like an A$$ because I can't remember his screen name or his real name but I have to mention the Fire Fighter from Buffalo that I met on Honeoye back in Dec..  He told me about this site and told me that I had to check it out. Thanks!!!

P.S. My honey wants to thank you too, she says that nothing gets done around here since that day.  ;D ;D ;D ;

Dave
"There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid!"

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2006, 11:11 AM »
I would also like to thank USMC130 and all other current service men and women, and vetrans for defending our great country and our right to go icefishing!!!!!!!

Offline TaterSalad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2006, 11:16 AM »
This guy is great.  I don't know how he finds time to fish based on the amount of data he collects every day.  Imagine if every body of water had someone like him.  That would take the Reports and Conditions board to the next level.

Thanks to everyone and their posts.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #12 on: Feb 16, 2006, 11:18 AM »
Thank you IG, You deserve much kudos for keeping tally on the NY vs. PA/ME...its a time consuming Pain in the A$$ job, thank you for doing it. :thumbsup:

bigdave1018

« Reply #13 on: Feb 16, 2006, 12:40 PM »
noone mention me so ill nominate me lol. i try and make all my postings useful and informative. i got burnt last year a few times by telling where a few of my honeyholes were so im more careful of what i reveal on here. im glad to help any way i can. have a great ice season, bigdave out.

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #14 on: Feb 16, 2006, 01:20 PM »
I nominate every member that is left out not mentioned by name !! Everyone is useful , aren't they?

crowkiller

« Reply #15 on: Feb 16, 2006, 02:52 PM »
I'm not very usefull but I'm dangerous :flex: :cookoo: :woot:

Offline gair-z

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Feb 16, 2006, 02:58 PM »
I was trying to be useful.  of course, I thought I was funny too but got beat out in high school in the 'most funny' category by some guy that ended up not even graduating in our class..  that was my biggest downfall in life..  until now.  :'(

gair-z
Pres.    Cuba Lake Crappie Killers (pre Ice Shanty) (defunct)
2007 1st place Cuba Lake Wizard tourney - Perch
2013 1st place DSO Ice Tourney - Bluegill

Offline MACHINIST

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 16, 2006, 03:33 PM »

he does have some kick a$$ reports!!

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18 on: Feb 16, 2006, 04:20 PM »
Diplomatic......I can't believe I've lived long enough to have become "Diplomatic" :-\

I wonder if my bride of 35 years would agree.

RG

"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Big_Buck_Hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pull it out and measure it.
« Reply #19 on: Feb 16, 2006, 05:40 PM »
Only to crows!

Mac

Mac - You're the man!  "Free Bird!"
Life is just a bunch of BS between deer seasons.
Mama doesn't know the toys we keep...

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 16, 2006, 05:58 PM »
Thanks for the mention guys.....I'm happy to do it for all of you......

Be nice to start reporting there's good ice so we can have a big get together up on Chaumont Bay before ice out.....Esox...
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #21 on: Feb 16, 2006, 06:22 PM »
WOW thanks for mentioning me!!!! Oh wait I wasn't mentioned, Crap, looks like my wife is right I'm only usefull for one thing ;)2...... I love being used ;D.

Seriously, I think everyone here is usefull except for the Dam# lurkers!!!

Robb :tipup:

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Feb 16, 2006, 06:30 PM »
IceGeek, Just give us the final report on that darn THONG for crying out loud!!! :whistle: :whistle:. And Rem.  Stay On Top ;D  Utes

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Feb 16, 2006, 07:02 PM »
The TEAM ICESHANTY THONG has been worn!!!  Actually she threw it in her drawer with all her other thongs and I figured I would never see it again....low and behold I caught a glimpse of the ICESHANTY logo ione day as she was taking her jeans off.....so yes she's wearing it.  That was my forst sighting...a couple weeks after that she wore it one day and asked me "If I would like to spend a little time on IceShanty"....then took off the pants and voila....she had it on again! 

Offline iceman1603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #24 on: Feb 16, 2006, 07:09 PM »
WHat and no pics???????
Only the chosen few will walk on water.

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Feb 16, 2006, 07:12 PM »
I actually asked her if I could take a pic and post it...she said no...

crowkiller

« Reply #26 on: Feb 16, 2006, 07:31 PM »
BUMER

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Feb 16, 2006, 07:47 PM »
you guys better wipe your noses..alot of brown there

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Feb 16, 2006, 07:48 PM »
 ;)

camo_fish

« Reply #29 on: Feb 16, 2006, 10:40 PM »
 >:( I guess I'll just mod. and stop helping people.  :P  :'(
 :whistle: But the ones that I've helped out, know who you are.  :-X
 >:D that is when I'm not sleeping, working or fishing.  8)
 :blink: Sorry I'm not so helpful.  :-* I'll just keep all my info for myself.  ;)
 :'( I'm hurt  :'(               ;) NOT  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.