Author Topic: Question about otter XT cabin  (Read 654 times)

Offline mc1984ss

• IceShanty Rookie
Question about otter XT cabin
« on: Jan 30, 2017, 06:46 PM »
As of right now I'm thinking my next portable flip over will be the otter xt cabin. By the time I buy it I will hopefully be bringing another young fisherman with me.  I'm hoping someone that either owns one or has fished out of one can answer a couple questions. The otter website does not have many decent pictures.

-am I able to fit a 5 gallon pail behind the bench seat?

-does the bench seat hinge up to provide access below?

- are additional vertical poles needed in the front or is it just the poles that fold up into the sled? I have seen some portables that need to have additional vertical poles put into place every time.

Thanks in advance!

Offline wolffpack08

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Question about otter XT cabin
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2017, 07:11 PM »
I have an older lodge, the black camouflage one.   Mine has a bench seat that flips up so you can put stuff under it.  It came with poles that you can put in when it's windy to hold all the other ones in place.  As for the bucket behind I seat I'm not sure as mines the lodge but I'm guessing you can,  I keep a 20# propane tank in an old milk crate and a 5 gallon pale as well as a big buddy heater behind my seat while transporting the house.

Offline omartruck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2017, 08:18 PM »
i have the black camo cottage use it just for me love the room it has,  check out the otter mods on here under seach

Offline bigbear32

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2017, 10:31 PM »
Yes the the bench seat will flip up so you can stow things underneath it. You should be able to put more than one 5 gallon bucket behind the bench seat as well. It should come with an adjustable wind pole that you can put in the front on either side of the door, I actually bought an extra 1 and use them both on really windy days.

Offline amb157

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2017, 09:11 PM »
You can fit up to six 5 gallon buckets in the xt cabin. It comes with 4 support poles.  They aren't necessary all the time, but come in handy on windy days. The bench seat does flip up.  Plenty of room for two anglers. It is heavy but roomy and durable.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.