Author Topic: posting reports and conditions  (Read 1776 times)

Offline gunslinger

• Team IceShanty Regular
posting reports and conditions
« on: Jan 30, 2017, 05:13 PM »
lets start by saying I do not intend to sound like a mod witch I'm not. and I'm not sure if I speak for everyone in fact I'm sure I don't. and I know going into this statement that I hav benefited tremendously from info on this site all of witch I greatly appreciated.

however I would like to point out that any and all of the info we as a group post to the main page is public knowledge for anyone and everyone to see. if you google anything about icefishing in Idaho this page is always near the top of the search results. we might as well put an article in the paper. a couple of posts about your honey hole and the next weekend BAM! instant shanty town

some members put a lot of effort into forming a reports and conditions page wich is for registered members only to remedy this issue and it would be much more effective if it were utilized more but especialy for new members I don't think the info is realy there to steer them in the right direction

I feel a sence of community here and will freely tell anyone who asks anything I can to help out I just would preffer I wasn't publishing it to the entire treasure valley especialy since I can realy only fish weekends like most of the rest and like most of the rest go fishing to relax in the quiet and appreciate a little elbow room 

Offline Here Perchy Perchy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: posting reports and conditions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2017, 05:56 PM »
Hey Gunslinger I don't mean to rain on your parade but this site is not what's contributing to shantytown on the area reservoirs, it's Facebook. There are public Idaho ice fishing pages on there that are plastered daily with pictures of huge hauls from CJ and less frequently Cascade....sorry but with social media the secret is out.  Luckily at a place like Cascade you have to put in enough work to access the fish that it will probably never develop into the mess that is CJ Strike

Offline gunslinger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2017, 08:03 AM »
i understand and thats really to bad. i dont hav or use facebook...(personal choice) just saying that i realy appreciate the reports page and think it is a great concept. since the effort was put in to make it happen might as well utilize it

Offline idahohunter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2017, 08:32 PM »
Agreed gun, it would be nice if everyone would use the reports and conditions page for its intended purpose rather than giving it away to lurkers and the like.
On the ice again, just can't wait to get on the ice again, the life I love is catching fish with my friends, and I can't wait to get on the ice again. "kinda Willie Nelson"

Offline gunslinger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2017, 08:08 AM »
thank you.
i also think it is extremely usefull and just convenient to be able to look at one particular thread for any body of water and have all the reports and conditions right there laid out in perfect chronological order. rather than having to sift threw a half dozen threads for relevant information.

being big into salmon fishing im huge on analyzing data and forecasting trips to manage my vacation time and plan my year.
if utilized regularly the reports and conditions page over time will become a fantastic historical record.

Offline Bigggcountry

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I'm not a man prone to sharing my secrets.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2017, 09:35 PM »
I cant believe that someone posted a fishing report and someone else took that report and used it to help them catch fish from public waters...  the nerve

Offline gunslinger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2017, 08:50 AM »
I cant believe that someone posted a fishing report and someone else took that report and used it to help them catch fish from public waters...  the nerve

i cant believe that someone would intentionally not use a page that several people put tremendous effort into creating just so a million people to lazy to create an account could read there posts... the nerve

funny how your personal text says "I'm not a man prone to sharing my secrets"

Offline gunslinger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2017, 08:55 AM »
id like to just put out a personal thanks from me to muskyon46 for going to the effort to set up all the individual lake threads on the reports and conditions page i really appreciate it and realize it was probably a good deal of research and work

thank you 

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2017, 02:29 PM »
Thanks gunslinger, it did take some time but was more than happy to do it. I do believe in the R&C boards like the rest of you. In time it will be a great tool to look at a specific water and get data pertinent to what your looking for or something new you might give a go at. Unregistered lurkers will not be able to gain that info by just going thru the Idaho general board. When a full time moderator is assigned to Idaho, the R&C posts put on the general board will disappear fast and be placed in the appropriate lake thread on the R&C board. I do it on my board regularly. Most the Utah guys are starting get it and every year I have less to move.

Tightlines
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline gunslinger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2017, 02:59 PM »
that is encouraging to hear  :)
i for one would be in full support of a full time idaho mod
i think most of you guys are great and do a real classy job

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2017, 08:49 AM »
Please use the Reports and conditions board for posting Reports and conditions about the ice/ snow conditions on the lakes. Thank you.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.