Author Topic: Perch  (Read 1796 times)

Offline whopperstopper

• IceShanty Rookie
Perch
« on: Feb 12, 2006, 07:10 PM »
I have gotten word from a friend that the perch have moved up on shallower flats (prespawn staging areas). He has had sucess and the fish are full of eggs.This is a major sign. Although winter is not yet over, during these mild winters spawning activity starts much earlier. If you don't like to fish for perch , this still means alot!!!1 Some studies have proven that many gamefish (including those avalible right here) can sucessfully spawn up  to 2-3 times a year. But that doesn't mean that they dont stage for a much longer period of time. If we get safe ice, skip the deep holes and concentrate on these early spawners.
I fish for a living and i am proud to represent Indiana. I fish regulary with the Linder brothers and Gary Roach. I would not post any info that I did not feel helps people enjoy what God has put on this earth for us. Respect this great Earth and treat mother nature with the same respect you would show your own.
   WhOpPerStOpPer

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Perch
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2006, 07:24 PM »
Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,a man that knows the Linders and posting on Indiana Ice forums,just who the heck are you?You from up north?

Offline whopperstopper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2006, 07:56 PM »
Who I am will remain a mystery.If you are really interested PM me. If you enjoy watching pro tours on television, you have most likely seen me. I first met Gary Roach when I was 7 years old at the Chicago Sport and RV show. Berkley puts on a trout fishing pond. Well, I caught a trout and put it in a plastic bag ( provided by Berkley) I wasn't sure what to do with the fish. I was waived on by a group of men (The Linder Brothers) to a table where 
Gary Roach sat and filleted my fish. The trout meat was then donated to local charites. Ever since then our relationships have grown. I have had the opprotuniy to fish with these great men many a time. Every fisherman can learn from the wisdom of these legends.
The Linders do come to Indiana to fish with me. I have spoken with them and they would love to take some of the "vets" of this site out on a trip with me. We can post pic's and video and bring more awarness to the beautiful resource that has been created for us to enjoy and respect. I can only take out 4 people on 2-4 taping sessions. Please reply if you are a serious fisherman who respects these legends and what they have done for the sport.
WhOpPeRsToPpEr

Offline Fish-trap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2006, 07:57 PM »
Hey whopper- Thanks for the early heads up. Always appreciated. I noticed you live in SB. I'm from La Porte. We should try and hook up sometimes and fish that "secret lake" if we ever get ice again. Anyways best of luck and tight lines :tipup:

Fish-trap

Offline Fish-trap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2006, 07:58 PM »
I would love to be invovled in that too. Hopefully on our lake "x"

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2006, 09:03 PM »
To keep company with those guys.....I could only hope to be on the ballot. Thats a dream i would love to live. Congrats to you my friend your one of the lucky ones.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2006, 07:17 AM »
Id love a trip like that, sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity count me in!!! Would it be a hard water or soft water trip???

Thanks!

Offline Yogi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2006, 09:11 PM »
Hey Whopper!!! I got a question for you.  I have never really fished for perch.  I do but dont really target them you know.  I am going to Canada tommarow night for 3 days.  What is you favorite perch lure with what bait.  Just curious.  If I ask them up there they are going to try to sell me everything they can you know.  Thanks for any advice.  Yogi

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.