Author Topic: I'm Back- First trip of the New Year  (Read 341 times)

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
I'm Back- First trip of the New Year
« on: Jan 08, 2017, 05:00 PM »
I got back this early this morning from India after a grueling 14 hour flight following a 5 hour layover in Dubai. After having a quick lunch, I decided that the afternoon game wasn't going to be close so I decided to go ahead and make my first trip of the year. Wasn't anything to write home about. Got to my spot at 2:30 and was surprised to find it deserted despite the number of holes that were drilled there (possibly yesterday or early in the morning since they were refrozen with about an inch of black ice). I wasn't expecting much when I set up because of the blue bird skies and cold front conditions but I was able to get two flags (and two fish) early on. After my second flag, I started to jig but did not mark any fish despite moving around and so I decided to wrap up at 4 when it got a little too cold (still getting recuperated) and hope for another flag dwindled. Even though the bite was slow, I was still glad to get out an break in the year and my new license. I'll be back at it later this week

My second fish. My first was a shade larger but I didn't have my phone. This one tripped my furthest flag when I went back to my car to pick it up. I sprinted a good quarter mile to pick it up and I was gasping by the time I got there

This cold made a remote area seem more wild. If I squinted hard enough, I might have convinced myself I was in Canada and not Southern NH!

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: I'm Back- First trip of the New Year
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2017, 05:07 PM »
Wow, NH.  :o
Takes a lot of motivation to get right back on the horse after that grueling trip.

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
Re: I'm Back- First trip of the New Year
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2017, 06:18 PM »
Thanks CD, I was trying to keep busy during the day so I could sleep at night and hopefully get back to a semi normal routine until my body fully adjusts.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.