The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Update On Berkshire Ice  (Read 1114 times)

Offline 413Bass

• IceShanty Rookie
Update On Berkshire Ice
« on: Jan 05, 2017, 04:09 PM »
Hello, just wondering if anyone from the Berkshire area knows the condition of the ice on Onota/Pontoosuc as of today? Just wondering how the ice held up with the rain, would like to head up tomorrow morning.  Thanks!

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
Re: Update On Berkshire Ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2017, 05:06 PM »
Hello and welcome to Ice shanty. I was walking on 5-6" in central mass today. Guessing there's at least that or more in the berks. You might want to introduce yourself & say hello on you're 1st post. And fill in your location too. Then try to offer some info while asking for info. I'm sure someone can give an estimate on ice conditions for you. As always though, check it as you go! 

Offline Hornpout123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2017, 05:13 PM »
What area around central ma? Just curious because I'm looking for ice, small trout pond I know in Sterling was like 3-4 of crappy white ice

Offline big bite

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2017, 05:52 PM »
we have plenty of ice . Held up just fine after the rain .With the cold snap we are in 6 plus inches .As always caution is urged if you don't know the body of water you are fishing.There are always springs and drains and such that may not be as safe as we think!!!  be safe !!!
"Youth are our future"

Offline KillerFish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2017, 06:52 PM »
What area around central ma? Just curious because I'm looking for ice, small trout pond I know in Sterling was like 3-4 of crappy white ice

Trout pond? In sterling? I live in sterling - only trout pond I know of is west waushacum which is closed to ice fishing

Offline fisher277d

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Haunted by waters
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2017, 07:05 PM »
How's it going guys! Was going to head to lake buel in the early am was just looking to see if the ice at the launch held up if anyone could help me out! Got an hour drive ahead of me, thanks in advance!
Dirty Drifters

Offline Hornpout123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2017, 08:49 PM »
Trout pond? In sterling? I live in sterling - only trout pond I know of is west waushacum which is closed to ice fishing

8point sportsmans club, tiny pond for members

Offline KillerFish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2017, 09:25 PM »
8point sportsmans club, tiny pond for members

O yes. ha ha. I won their tournament in 1997. I still have a huge trophy in my basement and use the rod I won as a prize. Good times

Offline westernmassbass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2017, 09:43 PM »
Hello everyone I'm new to this site as well. Hope to be able to converse with all of you and share information. I was on Ononta last weekend there was 5 to 6 most places still open water in the middle. Might head up to goose pond in Lee Saturday nvr been there in the winter see how it goes

Offline Icetime413

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2017, 10:50 PM »
How's it going guys! Was going to head to lake buel in the early am was just looking to see if the ice at the launch held up if anyone could help me out! Got an hour drive ahead of me, thanks in advance!
I fished buel lake this past Monday, most spots I drilled had 5, 6, inchs n a few almost 7 inchs,  after rain we had no cold weather at night u should be fine, but still be careful , stud along till your comfortable, but get there early place was a zoo on Monday. Good luck. Catch a biggen , post a pic when. U catch it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.