The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Toston Dam  (Read 689 times)

Offline bentrod69

• IceShanty Rookie
Toston Dam
« on: Jan 02, 2017, 06:53 PM »
I had to start a link to this lake because after searching I found a few old threads about people that have tried ice fishing it a time or two but nothing consistent and nothing recent.  Does anyone fish this area yearly?  Is the reason for not fishing here lack of production or is it the ice quality?  Is the current really as bad as everyone makes it out to be?  Any advice is helpful  I live in Bozeman and being this close is really tempting as long as its safe

Thank you

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Re: Toston Dam
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2017, 12:58 AM »
 ??? There's a section for lake specific links called "Montana Fishing Reports & Conditions".  ;D

If you can't find Toston listed in that section, follow the instructions in this link  http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=87840.0 & Bean will add it to the list for you.

Have a great season & play safe out there !!

Offline fishawn

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Toston Dam
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2017, 01:38 PM »
I haven't fished it in years, but if you are patient you might be able to pull out a decent sized pike. My friend and I tried it a few times, even slept on the ice with ambitions of catching one, but didn't succeed. Good luck and post back if you find some luck.
Fish Ninja

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.