Author Topic: Anxious to get out on the ice... somewhere in the Houghton area.  (Read 1314 times)

Offline mjbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
After missing all but a few days of ice fishing last year, I am anxious to get out somewhere in Houghton or Baraga Counties.  My first love is Lake Superior, but that won't be ready for a while.  I'm surprised at the lack of posts about fishing on places like Chassell Bay, even though there have been several requests for info on the ice conditions.  Anyone, anyone at all having any luck on some "safe" ice in my area?

Offline SnoHam13

• Team IceShanty Addict
this cold snap coming threw tomorrow is going to add ice up here
stopped at the auto parts saturday, the counter help said that there is permanent shanties are out on rice lake
I have not made it out yet this year to check any ice

SnoHam13

so the bay is still open ?

Offline finnbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
4-5" at chassell, some slush. Fish are hitting though. I haven't been anywhere else yet, too much snow, not enough cold yet.
Too many lakes
Too little time

Offline ToivoT

• IceShanty Rookie
Heading up this week to my camp Bootjack area. Any fishing reports for that part of Portage? Or Gratiot lake? May have to spend more time in da Dreamland if der is no ice.

Offline SnoHam13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Heading up this week to my camp Bootjack area. Any fishing reports for that part of Portage? Or Gratiot lake? May have to spend more time in da Dreamland if der is no ice.

make sure ya bring the yooper scoop along
we got pounded with snow up here.

SnoHam13

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
make sure ya bring the yooper scoop along
we got pounded with snow up here.

SnoHam13

So just another Tuesday?  ;D
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline 63rfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
ToivoT, the ice is poor along the shore line on Bootjack side with lots of slush on top of only a few inches of ice.  Ice is much better out on the drop off where you would likely fish.  There was solid ice out there with not much slush as of Friday.

Offline ToivoT

• IceShanty Rookie
Thank you for the update.  Your right, I'll head out towards the drop. Is anyone fishing out there?

Offline 63rfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
I have heard of people going for a couple weeks now on Bootjack side.  We went most of the day Friday and got two pike and a walleye.  Missed a few others.  Fish weren't very active in the very cold weather. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.