The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Beech Hill or Branch ice?  (Read 1039 times)

Offline s fontinalis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bad day fishing beats a good day working.
Beech Hill or Branch ice?
« on: Feb 09, 2006, 05:31 PM »
I would love to head over to beech hill pond or branch lake this weekend for some togue, but ive heard a few guys say that those two have had some thin ice this winter. This was about a week and a half ago and i was wondering if anyone had a more up to date idea on the ice thickness. If i decide not to go down ill probly just hit pushaw for some pickeral, haha. thanks guys and enjoy the weekend.

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Beech Hill or Branch ice?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2006, 05:51 PM »
i have friends that have a shack on the big part of branch they have been out fishing every weekend they did pull the shack a couple weeks ago but still fished

M.P.H.C. freedomfighter #000004

Offline troniclow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2006, 08:52 PM »
I fished branch today and my one word of advice is be careful. Alot of the shoreline is still very thin and there is open water in more than a few spots. I fished near the public landing and found the most ice there between 4-6 inches. There was a wheeler and two shacks out on the ice but one of the guys I talked to said there shack sunk halfway last week with all of the rain. So anyways there is Ice and with this cold weather we continue to make ice but be cautious as there is still alot of hazards. As far as fishing well I fished for about 5 hours today and got skunked I think it was all the noise the ice was making it sounded like a battlefield. 

Offline me0nat0

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2006, 09:27 PM »
Be careful if you go to Beech Hill; from the public launch last week there was good ice  6" right out for about 30 yds then it went to about 1", I can't believe I didn't go through.  Lot of open water too, just watch your step if you go there.
I live my life by one basic tenet: big fish eat little fish.

Offline s fontinalis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bad day fishing beats a good day working.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2006, 10:26 PM »
thanks for the updates, sounds like ill try another spot closer to home. good luck this weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.