New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Warren County small waters  (Read 2319 times)

Offline adkbrookie

• Team IceShanty Addict
Warren County small waters
« on: Feb 09, 2006, 03:12 PM »
Just looking for info. on any of the smaller ponds in and around Warren County. I'm trying to search out some new spots to hit. Will have time in the afternoon to fish after school. Jigging perch and others is great but info. on anything, anywhere will be well apreciated. If you don't want to just throw what you know out there send a pm if you want and my lips are sealed. Thanks for your help. Tight lines.

"If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business."  - Sparse Grey Hackle

"I wait. Now the night flows back, the mighty stillness embraces and includes me; I can see the stars again and the world of starlight. I am twenty miles or more from the nearest fellow human, but instead of loneliness I feel loveliness. Loveliness and a quiet exultation." - Ed Abbey

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
Re: Warren County small waters
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2006, 03:33 PM »
Hey, welcome to Ice Shanty!! What school do you go to? I go to Warrensburg. I'm heading up to Sacandaga Saturday, and Schroon Sunday, but I usually fish everyday, even afterschool...let me know if you wanna go sometime. BTW whats your name?
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2006, 08:12 AM »
loon lake-rt.9
friends lake-friends lake rd
glen lake-glen lake rd
GARNETT lake-garnett lake rd
fourth lake
lake luzerne
harrisburg lake-harrisburg rd.
trout lake-rt.43
brant lake-rt 8
hope this helps
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline eye hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2006, 08:13 PM »
Just looking for info. on any of the smaller ponds in and around Warren County. I'm trying to search out some new spots to hit. Will have time in the afternoon to fish after school. Jigging perch and others is great but info. on anything, anywhere will be well apreciated. If you don't want to just throw what you know out there send a pm if you want and my lips are sealed. Thanks for your help. Tight lines.

You can try glen lake, kind of small but there are some nice perch in there, and finding a place to get on can be difficult. Last year we went in by the bar and boat launch. good luck.

Offline Happy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Be careful because Ice Fishin is addicting !
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2006, 10:22 AM »
Can anybody tell me where to find access on Glen lake in Queenbury, New York? I was on Cossayuna talking to a guy from Hudson Falls this morning and he said that the launch was posted/closed for the winter by the Lake Association to outsiders due to liability? Is there another access where one would not find any problems going the lake? ???
happyicefishin

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2006, 11:59 AM »
try the docksider restaurant on glen lake rd. was charging a
fee,also a carry down off oxbow hill rd.on the northwest side
hope this helps
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2006, 12:14 PM »
try the docksider restaurant on glen lake rd. was charging a
fee,also a carry down off oxbow hill rd.on the northwest side
hope this helps
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

Hey RiverRat, I was up at Friends a few weeks ago, and there is no longer any public access...had to go over to loon lake to get skunked ::)

Offline adkbrookie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2006, 03:52 PM »
sorry AirManCam,
read the post a long time ago and forgot to ans. untill this afternoon. so i went and found the thread.
i also go to warrensburg. can't tell who you are by the picture.
lets just say that some people call me Pablo.
nice pike.
tight lines.
"If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business."  - Sparse Grey Hackle

"I wait. Now the night flows back, the mighty stillness embraces and includes me; I can see the stars again and the world of starlight. I am twenty miles or more from the nearest fellow human, but instead of loneliness I feel loveliness. Loveliness and a quiet exultation." - Ed Abbey

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2006, 04:32 PM »
Yoo Woody hows it going man!? I thought you didn't icefish? Hell, if I would have known, we would have hooked up and went out! I think Zac and I might brave the king this weekend to get a last chance laker jiggin session in, but im not sure yet...

Offline zgoz89

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The bone collector
« Reply #9 on: Mar 22, 2006, 04:36 PM »
sorry AirManCam,
read the post a long time ago and forgot to ans. untill this afternoon. so i went and found the thread.
i also go to warrensburg. can't tell who you are by the picture.
lets just say that some people call me Pablo.
nice pike.
tight lines.
Yoo Pablo, it's Augusto. I never knew you were on the shanty, if i would of known i would of just talked to you on here instead of in spanish class.lol
A Couple Reasons Why Fishing is Better Than Sex!

1. Nobody expects you to Fish with the same partner for the rest of your life

2. There are no Fishing-transmitted diseases.

3. If your partner takes pictures or videotapes of you Fishing,you don't have to worry about them showing up on the Internet if you become famous.

4. It's perfectly respectable to Fish with a total stranger.

Offline adkbrookie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2006, 09:40 AM »
josh,
it's my first year really doing any. i think that the king sounds sketchy. have been jigging for perch mosly. nothing real impressive. not yet at least.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #11 on: Mar 23, 2006, 10:44 AM »
Have you guys tried Pack Forest lake. I've caught some nice fish out of there.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline adkbrookie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 23, 2006, 02:14 PM »
adkroy,
what are you getting out of pack? all i've really caught there was picks. and bass durring soft water. what else is in there for fish? i know people used to poch bass out of there in the winter.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2006, 02:22 PM »
I've caught bass out of there and bluegills. occasionally I've caught a brookie in the creek coming out of it.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 23, 2006, 07:57 PM »
Yo pablo, I'll talk to you more in school tomorrow, but a few of us are hitting up Schroon this sunday to go on a last chance laker outing if you want in..

Offline adkbrookie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Mar 24, 2006, 09:53 AM »
how much ice is left?
i may possibly want in.

Offline FISHON-2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2006, 07:01 AM »
parking areas along 87 usually have pamphlets with info on events in that area.i picked one up once that told of alot of small trout ponds  most youll have to walk into.

Offline adkbrookie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Mar 27, 2006, 05:03 PM »
thats my self assined job in the summer ;D ;D ;D. hiking/bushwacking to ponds in surch of brookies w/ light weight boat. so far the bigest has been ~4.5 lbs. last year's was 3lb 1 oz. bought a scale so that i know for shure how big the fish was. no ice fishing on any good ones as i recall.
there are some wounderful places. don't ruin them with bait fish. :'( >:(
tight lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.