Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Iowa get together  (Read 990 times)

Offline wmcox

• Team IceShanty Regular
Iowa get together
« on: Dec 24, 2016, 07:15 PM »
Hey folks. I know we are going through a warm spell right now but I'm looking to see who would be interested in a get together sometime in january. I was thinking sometime between January 13th and 19th. I am really interested in hitting lake macbride.  This would just be a casual bs session with some ice fishing. We can cook some food and just have a good time fishing. Let me know if you are interested. We can work on a date that will work for the majority.

Offline wmcox

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Iowa get together
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2016, 05:16 AM »
I am also open to ideas of other bodies of water that would work for the majority. I am interested in clear lake and brushy. Throw out some ideas and let's make this happen.

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2016, 05:53 AM »
I'm still a working stiff so it would have to be a weekend for me.  Jan 22 or 23 would work for me.  Any where south of hwy 9, north of hwy 30, east of I 35 would be fine if I were choosing.  ATV access would be nice if we have enough ice.  Just makes it easier to haul out some extra gear.
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline Ihawkangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2016, 07:04 AM »
I am interested.  It would have to be a weekend for me as well due to work.  I live close to Macbride, so it ends up being the destination, I can help with coordination.  If we have good ice, Diamond Lake would not be a bad choice either.   Plenty of good spots close to access points that would not require ATV's or long walks.   Clear Lake would be a trek for some, but the yellows are fun to chase. 

The Ice Fishing Iowa Facebook page lists a tournament January 21 in Afton.  Might be another option. 

Offline Qceskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2016, 07:30 AM »
Weekend for me since I'm working as well.  Would love to hang out and catch some fish. 

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2016, 08:23 AM »
 ;D ;D  need a weekend for me as well.
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline phil c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 25, 2016, 11:07 AM »
Mc Bride on a weekend is good, if we keep the ice.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 25, 2016, 11:24 AM »
Just gotta set a weekend and do it. I will be in E Okoboji the last weekend in January... So other than that I would be in for Diamond, Macbride, Roberts creek or wherever really.

Offline wmcox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 25, 2016, 11:51 AM »
I figured it would end up being a weekend. I work swing shifts in a chemical plant so I have a lot of days off during the week. Depending on ice conditions would anyone be interested in the 14th or 15th at MacBride?

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 25, 2016, 12:40 PM »
As for me, I can't do the 14th or 15th.

If you want to ramrod a get together,  I'd suggest just do it!  Pick a date, pick a place, grab a mini grill, a package of brats and extend an open invitation.  If someone wants to join in on the fun, bring a food item to share, something to drink, a chair and join the fun. Oh, Please somebody bring a trash bag or two, thanks.  You may be surprised at the turnout.  (the fishing is just an excuse to get together)
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline FrozenHollander

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 26, 2016, 10:08 PM »
My wife and I would love to meet up with a good group of ice-heads.  I'll be in the Lake of the Woods from the 12th - 16th of January fishing for trophies, but any other weekend in January would work great for us.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.