Author Topic: Illinois Get Together  (Read 866 times)

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
Illinois Get Together
« on: Dec 23, 2016, 04:41 PM »
Would there be any interest in a get together for those that call the Illinois board home? Was thinking maybe January 1st or 2nd? Any thoughts on the lake? Tough to find one that can accommodate everyone's travel needs! What do you all think?

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
Re: Illinois Get Together
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2016, 10:22 PM »
Can't make it those dates.   But wouldn't mind a tip up fest somewhere.  I'll be tip up fishing in Indiana 1-1 and 1-2 for my birthday. 
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Offline bigmk49

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2016, 08:35 PM »
I'd be intrested if we got the ice
love them fish with teeth

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2016, 07:19 AM »
I don't stray too far from Morrison. And I haven't a birthday party for my grandson on one of those dates. Not sure if the ice will be good either with these warmer days.
jbird68

Offline DaWakoKid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2016, 08:59 AM »
It won't be anywhere around Blo/No, that's for sure! Pockets of open water on every small pond I drive by on the way to work. Forecast isn't looking too good to build much ice between now and New Year's weekend, either.

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2016, 01:57 PM »
I would be in.......but ice conditions will be very iffy......middle of next week are when temps head the right direction again....tight lines guys!
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2016, 03:02 PM »
Yeah looks like we may have to delay it after this warm up. Fox lake does have 5 inches and bangs has 7 according to the bait shop I called today. Those are pretty far up north so I know it would be tough for the central Illinois guys. Looks like we might have to push until about mid January. We will play it by ear I am thinking maybe the 14th now. Looks to get cold on the 6, and 7th weekend, should make some good ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.