Author Topic: Has anyone been to the Bruno Arm of CJ Strike since Monday?  (Read 2949 times)

Offline blind_luck

• IceShanty Rookie
I heard the road to Cottonwood ramp was drifted over with snow and not accessible. Does anyone have an update, I would like to head over on Thursday.
Keep your stick on the ice!

Offline blind_luck

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Has anyone been to the Bruno Arm of CJ Strike since Monday?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2016, 09:44 AM »
I Made it to Cottonwood on Thursday, the road has been plowed. The Bruneau arm is frozen. There was about 4-5 inches in the boat dock area, and Leo got 5 small  trout back in the boat mooring area. The main body only has about 2 inches of ice, so nobody wanted to venture out yet. Maybe another week and it will be ready. The reservoir is not frozen near the dam for as far as I could see through the fog. Anyway, that's the update. And a special hello to "dog sled", who I had the pleasure of meeting.

Offline Marsing fisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2016, 11:19 AM »
Hi, new to the forum. I've been reading the posts on her for the last couple years just never got around to joining. I'm gonna try to make it out to Cottonwood on Monday. Maybe I'll see you there
Fish on!

Offline Derrick NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2016, 11:30 AM »
Heading out with the wife Saturday to either Magic Reservoir or CJ. If you see a Otter XTH Lodge stop on by! Use to fish with a ton of people back in NY off IS, hard to find people in ID from IS.

A person will sometimes devote all his life to the development of one part of his body - the wishbone
- Robert Frost -

Offline DogSled

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2016, 09:11 PM »
Hi, blind_luck thanks for the special Hello. after leaving you we headed down to the narrows, set up my shack and drilled some holes with my new K-Drill "WOW" does it work slick.. there was about 4-5 inches of clear ice and we ended up with a few perch and some trout. had a great time, Hope to see you on the ice again soon

Offline blind_luck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2016, 12:34 PM »
Hi DogSled, be sure to bring your dog next time! Digging out here in Meridian, hope to get out after Christmas when the roads clear a little. Glad to hear the auger worked, I saw a couple of guys talking about the ones they have. Merry Christmas.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2016, 03:37 PM »
Finally decided where I'm going on Monday, I think Emmigrant Trail would be an awesome place to try as long as I can get down that road. There are some really nice humps out there that always hold suspended perch on open water so it should be pretty good.  Does anyone know if that road is open? If not I may just have to settle for cottonwood. Who cares anyways right? Going fishing! Can't wait to ice some perch
Fish on!

Offline idahopanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 25, 2016, 08:25 AM »
Where is immagrant trail at? I am always interested in a new place!m
Michael
Keep looking to the East
He will be coming in the clouds.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 25, 2016, 10:03 AM »
It's the turnout just before cottonwood just at the very end of the narrows, there is a really long dock out there inside of a cove.  There is no boat ramp, and I can't remember if there is a sign from the road.  Check it out on google earth, you can actually see the humps under the water.
Fish on!

Offline bonzai123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2016, 03:47 PM »
Any luck with Emmigrant Trail? Heading out there Saturday.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2016, 06:29 AM »
I wusses out and ended up fishing close to home because the drifted snow was terrible
Fish on!

Offline DogSled

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2016, 08:59 PM »
went to CJ today, headed down emigrant trail road and the road is good, lots of fishermen on the ice. we iced a bunch of perch and a few trout. weather was cold with a slight breeze. looked towards cotton wood and looked to be a lot of fishermen out from the launch.

Offline Deesnyder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2017, 10:56 AM »
I went to the Bruno arm between Cottonwood and Black Sand on the 23rd of Dec. The road isn't plowed but pretty well packed snow. There is 7 to 8 inches of hard ice on the lake. We (3) caught a bucket full of perch and a few nice trout. A good day.

Offline walleye-whisperer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2017, 11:01 PM »
Newby...  Was looking to go the end of the week, never been there, any help would be most appreciated.  Looking for perch, and maybe some crappie.  thanks,  Dan

Offline Derrick NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 03, 2017, 12:58 PM »
Trying fishing in 30ft of water for perch. Use a small jig tipped with a wax worm. Should be a good start.

A person will sometimes devote all his life to the development of one part of his body - the wishbone
- Robert Frost -

Offline walleye-whisperer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 03, 2017, 10:40 PM »
Thanks Derrick, are the perch getting bigger, and the numbers good?

Also do they bite better later in the season, or should I look to go asap?

thanks,  Dan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.