Author Topic: kiwanis 13th annual ice fishing derby  (Read 2470 times)

Offline arctic1

• IceShanty Rookie
kiwanis 13th annual ice fishing derby
« on: Feb 07, 2006, 11:30 PM »
Feb 18-19th Sat 7am-6pm, sunday 7am- 3pm
$15,000.00 in prizes
first tagged fish caught wins a B.C. Coast fishing trip for two(value 7000.00)or 5000.00 cash.
Prizes for 1,2,3 largest pike,whitefish,ling cod and youth prizes

Derby Headquarters at lake newell sailing club
  pre derby HQ. park sales 362-3255
  Derby HQ  793-3145

Entry fee Adults $25.00
    youth under 16 $10.00

Offline cbr

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: kiwanis 13th annual ice fishing derby
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2006, 09:52 AM »
HAS ANYONE BEEN HAVING ANY LUCK AT LAKE NEWEL SO FAR THIS YEAR I'VE HEARD OF SOME BIG FISH BEING PULLED OUT 20-24LBS BUT EVERYONE I'VE TALKED TO SAYS THAT IT IS FAIRLY SLOW BETWEEN BITES EVEN FOR SMALL ONES. I'VE ONLY BEEN OUT ONCE FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS (NO HITS) AND AM WAITING IM-PATIENTLY FOR THE ICE TO THICKEN, NEED MY SHACK. ALSO ANY WORD ON WHITEFISH I'VE NEVER REALLY TRIED TO FISH THEM BUT HAD BIG PLANS FOR IT THIS YEAR, SEEM EVERY TIME I TRY TO GET ONE MY BAIT/LURE SMELLS GOOD BUT MUST TASTE BAD AS THEY WON'T PUT IT IN THERE MOUTH.

HOPE THE DERBY IS A GOOD ONE WE HAVE DECIDED THIS YEAR TO TRY THE GULL LAKE DERBY AS WE HAVE BEEN PRETTY MUCH SKUNKED EVERY YEAR, MY LUCK THE FISHING WILL BE SPECTAULAR THIS YEAR AND I'LL MISS OUT.. GOOD LUCK

Offline Rifle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2006, 08:14 PM »
Caps are reserved for shouting.  Internet etiquette, you see.  No hard feelings, just lettin ya know.

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2006, 09:20 PM »
What if he is hard of hearing and is overcompensating by shouting?  ;D

Offline cbr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2006, 09:17 AM »
Sorry everyone I'm terrible at trying to remember were and when to use cap letters always found it easier to type in caps, will try not to let it happen again..

Offline Tee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2006, 01:28 PM »
THATS RIGHT< KEEP IT IN CONTROL!!!!!!!!  ;D
_______
}<____(((_>  J

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2006, 06:19 PM »
THATS RIGHT< KEEP IT IN CONTROL!!!!!!!!  ;D

SHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   im trying to sleep. ;)

Offline Fumunda

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2006, 09:16 PM »
Has anyone heard if the Derby is still a go? I had heard that they may cancel it due to ice conditions. Any truth to this? I sure hope not.

Offline arctic1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2006, 02:31 PM »
You bet it is still a go. We will be on Redelback bay. Look for the black shack with the large yellow happy face!!!!

Offline ice fever

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2006, 08:47 AM »
How did any one do at the derby.  We caught lots, the biggest was 12 lbs, lots in the 5-6lb range.  Didn't get to weigh in the 12 lb as it was caught 5 minutes to 6 and I was across the lake from the station, maybe better luck next year

Offline Fumunda

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2006, 07:43 PM »
We had fairly good luck all weekend. Saturday we caught 13 Pike and the last one of the day was 13lbs. We saw lots of whitefish on the Aqua Vu but we couldn't entice them to bite. It was the first time in 3 years that we couldn't catch a whitefish. We won the category 2 years ago. We also saw a pike with a tag on it's dorsal fin on the camera. We could not see what kind of tag obviously but after seeing that there was no way that we were going to fish anywhere else. Sunday we never got on the lake and set up until about 8:15, but we caught 19 pike between then and 1:30 when it completely died, the biggest was just under 8lbs. Again saw lots of whitefish but no luck. Anyways how did everyone else make out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.