Author Topic: Lights on shacks over night?  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Derag2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lights on shacks over night?
« on: Dec 17, 2016, 06:17 PM »
Do you have to have lights on shacks left on the ice at night?  We have a camper we fish out of we want to park on the ice and spend the night on the lake...  Just curious if we need lighting at all times or just need our name and adress?

Thanks

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lights on shacks over night?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2016, 06:25 PM »
Do you have to have lights on shacks left on the ice at night?  We have a camper we fish out of we want to park on the ice and spend the night on the lake...  Just curious if we need lighting at all times or just need our name and adress?

Thanks

Name and address for sure. I think lights would be difficult to keep on all night or over a couple of nights if you weren't there a day or two. If safety is a factor, I'd apply a number of reflective tape strips all around, or attach some of the red reflectors with screws to the shack for visibility at night.

Offline rl_sd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2016, 08:55 PM »
Name and address for sure. I think lights would be difficult to keep on all night or over a couple of nights if you weren't there a day or two. If safety is a factor, I'd apply a number of reflective tape strips all around, or attach some of the red reflectors with screws to the shack for visibility at night.

+1. Make sure to have a bunch of reflective tape... I have four pieces on each side.... one high and one low in each corner

Offline Derag2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2016, 09:04 AM »
Thanks
We are going to put some tape on anyways, I didn't know if it was a law in SD or not..  I looked on the website but didn't see it So I just wanted to make sure.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2016, 10:10 AM »
I have reflectors on all sides of my wheelhouse and a yellow flashing light which they use to mark road construction sights. My wheelhouse is white and when it flashes the whole side lights up. I have another flashing light if I feel a need. I don't believe we have requirements for reflectors on ice shacks here.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.