Author Topic: Just moved to Illinois Marseilles area looking for good spots to ice fish  (Read 1197 times)

Offline Jriniker0816

• IceShanty Rookie
New to the state and area and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to do some ice fishing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Offline illinoisicer

• IceShanty Rookie
Most fishing around here is on private ponds. Your gonna have to do a bit of traveling. I & M down by LaSalle, Silver Springs,Shabbona or I have even heard of people fishing Lake Mathisson by Starved Rock.

Where did you move down here from?

Offline nova

• Team IceShanty Regular
Evergreen, mazonia, Martino,  yup all your fishing unless you lock down a private pond is all an hour or more away.   Sucks!!!!!! 

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
 There are several clubs out your way along highway 6 that are old strip pits and loaded with fish. Drive up and down the hwy look for a locked gate take down the number. Most are reasonable if they are accepting new members. I was a member of 1 for 8 years it was $440 a year and great fishing ,camping ect. Other wise the places mentioned above Mazonia opens Dec. 31st this year for ice fishing there are 27 pits there and are free.
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
The lake a math park is in bad shape. The days of good fishing are over until they dredge it back out. Shanbona is your best option. Silver springs is not too far, Mazonia has many many strip pits. Waterfowl hunting limits your time to ice fish. Evergreen lake southwest of you as well as lake Bloomington are also decent to icefish if weather permits.

You will find Sportsman's clubs all around you. Plenty of options. I personally do not believe in paying to fish. But to each their own.

Im west of you near Matthiessen park.
Welcome btw.

If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline nova

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pits along rt 6 are now private and a house out there.  One of the local rich folk living the life out there!!!!!

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
I heard mazonia not going to be open until feb 16.

Offline illinoisicer

• IceShanty Rookie
I heard mazonia not going to be open until feb 16.

What's the states reasoning for that?

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
Rabbit hunting I guess.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.