Author Topic: Fish Trap Pro ?????  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Patch

• IceShanty Rookie
Fish Trap Pro ?????
« on: Feb 07, 2006, 09:14 AM »
With the prices being down plus having a Gander gift card left from Christmas :lol: , it looks like I will be getting a Pro soon. My question is: I have a 3 hp Jiffy. To those of you with a Pro and a power auger, How do you carry the auger in or on the sled? Do you just throw it in the sled and go or have you fabricated some kind of mounting bracket to hold it up above the sled? Pics?........Thanks!.................Patch
Life is a journey of experiences and companions..........EN JOY YOURS!

Offline allenca

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fish Trap Pro ?????
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2006, 09:16 AM »
I Ussally Use my pro late in the year when I can drive on the lake. sorry cant help you their.

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2006, 09:35 AM »
Patch:

I have the Fish Trap Guide and the Jiffy 3HP Legend.  I have found when I go myself, it is easier to place the Auger on top of my Jet Sled Jr and either attach it to the back of my guide or simply pull both sleds, side by side. 

Another thing to consider, I tend to bring lots of items on the ice with me.  Therefore, having the Jet Sled Jr allows me to carry these extra items that I may or may not use depending on conditions/outcomes.
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline spoonfed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just one more
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2006, 09:45 AM »
 i have one of the original fish traps that has a bench seat. sucks for sitting in but i lay the handles across the seat and the auger bit rests on thr front of the shanty.beware!! i found out the hard way.the auger bit tore a small hole in my cover.put an extra towel or glove under it.also use a bugee to strap the auger handle down.i imagine if you have the nice foldable seat just turn it around and leave the seat up????.i tried fabing something on the side of the sled but ran in to many problems.tippy, too wide for some trails ect..   good luck.
if you come up with something please let me know.

only keep what you're gonna eat
                                                            MIRC

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2006, 09:50 AM »
Spoonfed:

In order to minimize damage to your cover/Pro via tearing, oil and gas leaks, etc, check out the Auger case from ReadRig at:  http://www.thornebros.com/winter/augers/readyrig_augercase.html

I picked one up last year at Bass Pro Shops for 50% off.  Can't tell you how I like it as I haven't even taken it out of the bag yet! ;)
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

Offline Patch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2006, 06:00 PM »
Thanks for the ideas guys!.....Any more?...................Pat ch
Life is a journey of experiences and companions..........EN JOY YOURS!

Offline seaweed01

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2006, 09:21 PM »
I have a fish trap guide with a cover and I do the same thing as Slipbob. I put something
under my auger head to protect the cover from gas and oil and bungee it down.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.