The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: New shelter  (Read 719 times)

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
New shelter
« on: Dec 14, 2016, 10:46 AM »
After ten plus years it is time to replace the Shappell 3000. Thinking that a flip over would make it easier to move around. Went to Northwoods Outfitters in Pinconning yesterday and looked at the Clam Kenai thermal. I love the idea of a built in swivel seat! I have been told that it is tough to pull but compared to the flat bottom Shappell it should be easier. My big concern is how to carry the Jiffy gas auger without it ruining the canvas.
Ice is starting here and with it being 18 degrees outside it shouldn't be much longer.

Offline GourdneckGills

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New shelter
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2016, 10:33 PM »
The clam line of flip overs are slick, youll love em.  sometimes you can place the power augers on the seats or the floor with the blade hamging out the back.  no really good way to do it though.
Life is hard, its harder if youre stupid

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2016, 10:59 PM »
what about making a mount to hold it. either use a plywood base to hold up two stands with brackets and maybe some bungee or make stands to bold to the side of the tub.

Offline motocross269

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2016, 07:11 AM »
I pull my one man flip over on a Smitty sled that I put risers on for an auger mount.....Pulls super easy and keeps the auger handy for quick use...

Offline delta9

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hard water is great
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2016, 07:19 AM »
My clam Yukon, has just enough room to slide my jiffy into. I can see where Clam Kenai thermal needs more thought.
:icefish:

Offline Bodean

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2016, 12:14 PM »
There all a little tough to pull my auger lays across the seats hold it down with a bungy only issue I've had with clam flipovers is a lot of the models are not tall enough to stand up inthe Voyager and the postage are tall enough but the Yukon and the kenia are not

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2016, 12:15 PM »
Buy or make a cover for your auger head to keep things from dripping on the sled cover, not that expensive and works great.  You can add some absorbant cloth for extra protection if needed.  Been pulling my gas auger on top of my Clam and frabil flip overs for several years.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.