The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: NE/NC PA Ice Shanty Get Together 2018  (Read 18033 times)

Offline Jaggerhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
I have 4 in my group coming

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tightlines and safe ice to you all!
I just checked the weather.  Right now they are calling for 44 degrees and rain on Saturday.  >:(  We will make a final call on Wednesday morning.
   Me and my son/fishing buddy AKA gfisher95 

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Spoke with JohnT this evening.  He was out on the cut last night.  With the conditions as they were, and the impending weather, Rose Valley SOUTH LAUNCH is where the get together is going to be.  Just not enough ice on the cut for a large group.  HEY DIGGER!!!  Can you keep us up to date on the ice at RV?  Let's hope old man winter finds us in his favor and gives us a great day for Saturday!

Offline Jaggerhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
As of yesterday good 10+" of ice between east and south ramps

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
Got no problem with moving the gathering, but for planning the time, I know there is an Ice Fishing Across PA tournament on Hill's Creek from 7 am to 1 pm. Something to keep in mind, assuming they still hold it.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline Gonefission

• Team IceShanty Regular
So far it's still on

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yes, so far it's still on.  If guys are going to the ice fishing tournament on Hill's Creek, they weren't planning on coming to the get together.  I picked a date based on not interfering with the Northeast Panfish League schedule.  They are only running a limited schedule this season with both events in February.  I know that is only two weekends of the four in February, but guys who can't pre-fish during the week usually go the weekend before the event so that takes out the month of February.  March can be good, but if we wait that long, it can also bite us with warm temps and rain.  Some of those people are also going out to Michigan or wherever the last weekend of January.  I didn't want to interfere with that either.  When this was all in its initial works, winter was looking in our favor, with fishable ice on many lakes.  Since then we've had warmer temps and rain.  Since last evening, the weather has changed for the Rose Valley area.  Right now they are calling for cloudy and 49 degrees with 0% chance of rain.  Let's hope this holds true for the remainder on the week.  Temps with highs in the 40's during the day and lows in the low to mid 30's at night shouldn't hurt the 10 inches of reported ice enough to keep us off the ice. 

Offline Somersboys

• IceShanty Rookie
Hi all,
Is this open to newbies too?  New to ice shanty, but there are three of us (me and my two boys) interested.  Never been to rose valley, and would love to try someplace new.  May even get another 1 or 2 friends to bring along.

What time are we looking at?  What can I bring?

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
If you are registered here on Ice Shanty, you are more than welcome to come and bring friends along as well!!!  Bring whatever you would like to share with the gang, hot dogs and buns, chips, pretzels, bottled water, whatever.  Just please post on what you are planning to bring so we don't end up with 20 bags of chips and no paper plates!  We have really learned to improvise!  One year on Montour Preserve someone brought their easy-up canopy, well, they brought the frame and no canopy.  Someone else had a tarp in the back of their truck!  Things just sort of work out like that!

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
OK.  Let's start getting an official tally of who is coming and what you are bringing.  I'll start off.

geothefisher and gfisher95  We are bringing a large pot of chili, ladle, bowls and spoons, propane stove, 20# propane and a folding table.

Offline Jaggerhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
I have 2-3 poeple coming with me and I'm bringing table and turtle jerky.

Offline Somersboys

• IceShanty Rookie
Somersboys coming with 3.  I'll bring a few lbs of ring bologna, some smoked cheeses, and crackers.  Got a table if you need it.

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
IT IS OFFICIALLY A GO!!!  I just checked the weather channel for Cogan Station, PA and there is NO RAIN in the forecast for Saturday!!!  WE ARE DOING THIS!!!  So keep checking in so we have an idea of how many to expect, and what you are bringing along!!!  Remember...We are going in at the SOUTH LAUNCH.  Official start time 8AM.  If you want to be there earlier or not show up until noon, that's fine too!!!  And some of us will be there ALL DAY!!!  We typically have an easy up canopy where we set up base camp with the food tables and a place to hang out.  If someone has an Ice Shanty flag, please bring it along!!!  I am looking forward to seeing old friends (many were met on RV at the first get together I ever attended) and meeting many new people!!!  So looking forward to Saturday!!!  See you all there!!!   :woot: :icefish: :tipup:

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Don't forget...ALL ARE WELCOME!!!  Just because it is called NE/NC PA Ice Shanty Get Together doesn't make it exclusive, it only represents the region!

Offline cooljordan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fish slayer \m/
You know I got the bacon ;)
And some venison dry beef.

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You know I got the bacon ;)
And some venison dry beef.
All Hail the Bacon King  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline Billinpa

• IceShanty Rookie
 Would love to make this but unfortunately have a funeral that morning. Hoping to get up there Sunday for a few hours of fishing! Have fun guys and gals.

Offline PikeChaser198

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Let it run, it can't get out of the pond
Going to try and make it up
Ebensburg Fishing & Hunting
3657 Admiral Peary HWY
Ebensburg, PA
(814) 472-5980 / Facebook & Instagram

Clete's Taxidermy Studio
(814) 471-4898 / Facebook & Instagram

Offline eyefishermandt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CAPTAIN OF THE F.O.P. ICE FISHING TEAM.
True, and I don't think the tournaments draw that big of a crowd, anyway.

Usually bigger than the get together roy. You should see the people flock to the tournies in the new western series!!!
DONALD T WITMER III                                 Pro staff for Catch em all custom jigs, ACE custom rods, Contraband baits, Bonehead Tackle, Rhyno custom jigs,  And Expedition outdoors!

Offline tokyo

• IceShanty Rookie
OK.  Let's start getting an official tally of who is coming and what you are bringing.  I'll start off.

geothefisher and gfisher95  We are bringing a large pot of chili, ladle, bowls and spoons, propane stove, 20# propane and a folding table.

I'm bringing a charcoal grill and cooking burgers.  I will bring a folding table and a pop up.  I will also bring paper towels.

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Still NO RAIN in the forecast for Saturday!!! 

Offline Jaggerhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
How far out from South launch are we setting up I will be there early.

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The last time we had it on RV there was 12+ inches of snow on the ice.  We didn't go out very far.  For those bringing easy up canopies and tables, you still don't want to go out more than 100-150 yards offshore with all that.  We set a central location for gathering and food, but everyone takes off and fishes anywhere they want.

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Since I have to work tomorrow, I started the pot of venison chili today.  Wish you all could smell the house!!!  4 pounds of ground venison provided by walleye2009!!!  Thank you brother Chuck!!!  4 large cans of kidney beans, 2 large onions, 2 cans of Rotelle, 2 quart bags of home-frozen bell peppers and 3 cans of diced tomatoes along with assorted seasonings and spices.  Now if I can only stay out of it until lunchtime on Saturday!!!  Thankfully I work tomorrow!!!  Can't wait to see you all out there!!! :woot:

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
how early????????????
i will be there bout 7 ish
we can goto the east  of the launch  off the point have a blue clam
look fo r the guy with the grill set up lmao ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Jaggerhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
My buddy and I were thinking 1-3 am

Offline tokyo

• IceShanty Rookie
I'm shooting to be there around 7:00 as well Digger. I'll be in the red crew cab Silverado.  I'll have a pop-up, grill and a table, we can at least get the base camp established and start soaking some minnows.

Offline Jaggerhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
We will actually be there around 5

Offline starcraft180

• IceShanty Rookie
Is this get together still a go.  Was thinking about making the 2 hour drive to join everybody but was not sure if the ice is still safe.  Does anybody have any current ice conditions and if the get together is still?  Thanks

Offline Jaggerhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice will be fine. Was still 10-12" on Mon. I doubt that any was lost

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.