The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Delton/yankee springs lakes  (Read 861 times)

Offline edwards8300

• IceShanty Rookie
Delton/yankee springs lakes
« on: Dec 11, 2016, 11:58 AM »
First winter in delton. I come from up north were i had good perch lakes to fish. Have been trying to research decent perch lakes in the area. Not asking for anybodys secret spors but just wondering if anybody could tell me if their are any lakes in the area with any decent perch fishing?

Offline tank81

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM MICHIGAN
Re: Delton/yankee springs lakes
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2016, 03:45 PM »
I'm new to the area also Welcome
BORN to ICE FISH forced to WORK

Offline ajb1184

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2016, 04:26 PM »
Hey looking for someone to ice fish with I open water fish a lot for lady but I am a hardcore Fisher just grew up down south and never ice fished I need a partner to fish with lol any one willing I pay if I have to I am dying to learn how to ice fish

Offline ajb1184

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2016, 04:28 PM »
PS good perch Martiny chain has good one and upper evens is great I know someone with year round cabin rentals up there

Offline edwards8300

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2016, 05:51 PM »
Ajb1184, sent you a pm. Gladly show you how to fish through the ice

Offline ajb1184

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2016, 09:46 PM »
I cant message apparently lol I live in Wyoming 20 mins from gun lake Campbell lake I hear is good gill fishing and gun lake they say has good perch in winter.  I heard not in summer though.  I caught a huge load of perch on red worms on upper evans the guy I know up there has a shanty a fish house and his cabins are beautiful on tubs lake up there.  he rents 85 dollars a night great guy too but I have not fished gun lake for perch yet.  I fish locally a lot.  in GR and small lakes ( small boat)  I have a shanty I am buying and augar and ice poles this week for my winter this year.  I AM DYING TO LEARN!  I need more help with ice quality than anything

Offline fishinagain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2016, 09:54 PM »
I cant message apparently lol I live in Wyoming 20 mins from gun lake Campbell lake I hear is good gill fishing and gun lake they say has good perch in winter.  I heard not in summer though.  I caught a huge load of perch on red worms on upper evans the guy I know up there has a shanty a fish house and his cabins are beautiful on tubs lake up there.  he rents 85 dollars a night great guy too but I have not fished gun lake for perch yet.  I fish locally a lot.  in GR and small lakes ( small boat)  I have a shanty I am buying and augar and ice poles this week for my winter this year.  I AM DYING TO LEARN!  I need more help with ice quality than anything

Ajb, you will be able to message now. You must have 3 posts before you have access to that feature. Welcome to the site!
Pure Michigan

TEAM MITTEN

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2016, 10:41 PM »
 Gun lake just before the ice goes out for perch, Payne lake is hit or miss all winter for perch look for the deeper holes. Basset lake is also a good one for perch at the right time of winter and it has very large pike in it also. The gill fishing can be good at times. Baker lake for gills on early ice, Daget lake for a mix of gills and maybe a walleye. Chief noonday for dinks perch and gills. There are several others in the area that are excellant lakes but most are private and you can only get on if you know someone on it

Offline Hosedragger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2016, 03:37 PM »
I'm also new to the area. I'm excited to get my son out on some new lakes too. I will be on the look out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.