Author Topic: Gone!!  (Read 3255 times)

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
Gone!!
« on: Dec 10, 2016, 10:50 PM »
No posts no replies must be that time of year everyone goes to Henrie's.... well I'm still here so I'm going out tomorrow (Sunday 12/11) anyone else going out?

Offline Dunn13

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Gone!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2016, 11:54 PM »
Where you heading? I think my first trip will be next weekend to the Scofield area.

Offline 6x6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2016, 04:21 PM »
Huntington is calling my name.

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2016, 12:13 AM »
I went to the berry again lots of slush on top I think traveling might be the answer to getting on good ice with a good catch. I wish Utah had some shallow smaller water with eyes in them...

Offline Backwoodsboy.50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2016, 07:48 AM »
This weekend will be a recon mission hopefully we'll find somethin fishable before Christmas (other than scofield)
"your using to small of a lure... zooplankton would pass that up" - my old man

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2016, 12:50 PM »
You had it right crappielover, quiet times when the 1st ice hits Henry's. You better get in on it next year for sure. Prospector was wondering if you wanted in but we didn't see any replies on the Henry's thread. Seen there was some skim ice on holmes creek. hopefully the cold will set in better after this weekend
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2016, 02:37 PM »
When and where are you planning on having your ice fishing get together this winter, last year was my first in joining in up at Strawberry that was a fun day hope to be able to do it again.  :thumbsup:

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2016, 12:44 PM »
When and where are you planning on having your ice fishing get together this winter, last year was my first in joining in up at Strawberry that was a fun day hope to be able to do it again.  :thumbsup:

No date yet on the GTG, I really like to do it at pineview because of close proximity and you don't need a machine to access fishing areas where we can put it on. I felt bad last year because johnnycakes was waiting with his little daughter for so long in the parking lot. I missed his call and texts. I'll get a thread going soon
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Thanks, looking FWD to it, just got my shipment of waxies and spikes in the mail today. See ya on the ice soon I hope.  :icefish:

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 15, 2016, 03:14 AM »
You had it right crappielover, quiet times when the 1st ice hits Henry's. You better get in on it next year for sure. Prospector was wondering if you wanted in but we didn't see any replies on the Henry's thread. Seen there was some skim ice on holmes creek. hopefully the cold will set in better after this weekend

I can't wait to hit Holmes with you and hopefully some others. If I hadn't just got moved to finance at the dealership I'd have been able to go but I'm still learning how to do it so I need to be there to learn all I could

Offline johnnycake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2016, 01:04 PM »
No date yet on the GTG, I really like to do it at pineview because of close proximity and you don't need a machine to access fishing areas where we can put it on. I felt bad last year because johnnycakes was waiting with his little daughter for so long in the parking lot. I missed his call and texts. I'll get a thread going soon
Hey man, don't sweat it!  We both had a blast and she was able to kiss a fish or two!  I will say though, I think the drive time to Fish Lake would be worth it for the gtg.  great mix of opportunity for people who want big fish or just constant, lights out, crazy action.  I sure wish the AK board would pick up a bit or that I could find some other group up here to connect into!  Taken my cupcake out here in town a few times and it has been ok (she still has had a blast, but the catching was meh). But for now, I'll live vicariously through you guys!

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2016, 09:14 PM »
Hey johnnycakes your back, I see you on Alaska outdoors directory from time to time. How is the big AK treating you.

Offline johnnycake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2016, 02:46 AM »
AK is treating me pretty good! Hard to beat this place in so many ways. But for some reason finding people to come out with me has beena challenge even if I am the one with the spot! Oh well, with time I'll figure it out

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2016, 08:16 AM »
Hope more people join you, new places and people can be tough! Good luck

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2016, 12:07 PM »
There is always a group from Utah that go to Cascade for the big perch several times each winter if you like fishing with a group you could probably tie up with them they are a good group of guys and gals.  :icefish:

Offline johnnycake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2016, 02:32 PM »
That Cascade trip has had me envious for a while and I will try to plan a trip back to the lower 48 one year to join in!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 19, 2016, 09:45 AM »
There is always a group from Utah that go to Cascade for the big perch several times each winter if you like fishing with a group you could probably tie up with them they are a good group of guys and gals.  :icefish:
I sure would love to join in on Fishing that lake. Heck of a drive for me, but the fish look like they are worth it!

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 19, 2016, 12:00 PM »
I sure would love to join in on Fishing that lake. Heck of a drive for me, but the fish look like they are worth it!
Yep, 680 to 755 miles depending on which route for you; 400 miles for me.  But is there anyplace in Wyoming that you can CONSISTANTLY catch 12" plus perch?  There isn't anyplace in Utah for sure.  See you there?   ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline johnnycake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 19, 2016, 12:11 PM »
Yep, 680 to 755 miles depending on which route for you; 400 miles for me.  But is there anyplace in Wyoming that you can CONSISTANTLY catch 12" plus perch?  There isn't anyplace in Utah for sure.  See you there?   ;D
Say uh, what's the nearest airport?! Maybe I can convince the wife next year to let me come play for a weekend?

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 19, 2016, 12:40 PM »
Say uh, what's the nearest airport?! Maybe I can convince the wife next year to let me come play for a weekend?
Boise would be the closest commercial airport.  If you fly your own plane, then McCall would be closer.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 19, 2016, 02:13 PM »
Cascade also has an airport if you fly your own plane...may want to check out this link.

http://www.cascadeairport.com/

Offline johnnycake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 19, 2016, 06:36 PM »
Cascade also has an airport if you fly your own plane...may want to check out this link.

http://www.cascadeairport.com/
All good info!  We have dreams of getting our pilot's licenses and buying a small plane--but IDK about flying it from Anchorage all the way to the lower 48!  Probably cheaper/safer to just go commercial on that one!

Offline bronvike21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 22, 2016, 10:23 PM »
Where exactly is Cascade?

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #23 on: Dec 22, 2016, 11:02 PM »
70 miles north of boise  :P

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #24 on: Dec 23, 2016, 09:23 AM »
Its actually more like 80 miles and a twisting, 2-lane mountain road most of the way that will take 1 1/2 to 2 hours to drive because of lower speed limits and inclement weather in the winter months.   ;D
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Dec 23, 2016, 10:29 AM »
How long does it take you to get there from your place Bob? Our crew may be making it up there in January 2018 for a 1st try at some jumbos
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #26 on: Dec 23, 2016, 05:28 PM »
did you mean 2017 ?

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #27 on: Dec 23, 2016, 06:48 PM »
How long does it take you to get there from your place Bob? Our crew may be making it up there in January 2018 for a 1st try at some jumbos
Its right at 500 miles from Hooper.  The time varies depending on the weather & road conditions, and the number of potty and sustenance gathering breaks.  Could be anywhere from 9 to 12 hours.  Your mileage may vary.
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #28 on: Dec 23, 2016, 06:59 PM »
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Dec 23, 2016, 10:19 PM »
Yes 2018 is it, this year's long distance trips are limited and fully booked for me. With a new little girl just turning 1 next month I'm happy getting in the trips I am. I did read that article earlier today and I'm hoping the trend keeps going up for the 16in plus jumbos. Thanks for the drive time estimate Bob
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.