The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Upper Red Lake wheel house support from resorts.  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Upper Red Lake wheel house support from resorts.
« on: Sep 18, 2016, 11:31 AM »
I bought my new wheel house a few weeks ago.

Before I had my wheel house I've come up with a group of guys every year since the 2006-2007 ice fishing season. Around the 19th of Dec. I've use JR's, Chad Bensen, Johnny P., & Ravelings Out Doors for outfitters and people to rent sleeper shacks from. (Chad Bensen the most) I've been to other resorts like West winds, Hilman's, & Rogers resort on my trips up there.

Right now, I'm thinking that Rogers Resort will be one of the best ones to go out of with my wheel house. It looks like they have about everything you would need at the resort, and have some really nice facilities. Last year we had gone to JR's & left the wheel house (one my uncle bought) on shore to sleep in and took the flip over out to fish. Every time we needed anything they seemed to send us to Rogers......... Not overly impressed with JR's & feeling plenty of other places are better for service when spending money.

So, I thought I would come here and ask the guys where the better services are, & facilities. A dumpster for human waste and trash would be a huge plus. I know Chad always had a trail on the ice to throw your trash in.  I don't care if someone is a little higher. I just want decent roads, decent facilities, and if we need something like beer, smokes, gas for the Ginny, propane, or stuff like that we can get it from the resort vs driving heck and gone.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Upper Red Lake wheel house support from resorts.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2016, 10:55 PM »
No replies?

Offline drscholl14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2016, 12:10 AM »
So you're the reason we are having this warm weather!

Kidding aside, I'm not sure about wheelhouses but Rogers has been great every time I've gone out of there. I would call a few days before you go and get updates from the resorts. They'll be able to tell you if they are allowing wheel houses out or not.

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2016, 02:31 AM »
Roger's is the probably th main one I keep hearing of when people want to camp in their sleeper houses on shore. As far as what they all offer for amenities I couldn't tell you as I don't own a sleeper. I have went out from there a couple of times and I do believe they have a bar there. I think Westwind refills propane. I haven't been up there in awhile so my memory is a bit foggy on the subject.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2016, 05:06 PM »
Used my wife's facebook to check out Rogers looks like they are putting in a full kitchen and an out door beer cooler.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.