Author Topic: New Clam shelters  (Read 12058 times)

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
New Clam shelters
« on: Aug 11, 2016, 09:04 AM »
Well I have been looking for a single man fish trap. I have my mind made on a clam Kenai pro thermal but while browsing around I found a clam kenai pro thermal stealth! OMG i really like the looks of this bad boy. really slick looking. I have seen on one website that it will be $50 more so $399 but it will have heavier fabric 900D vs 600D and it will have led lighing, top cargo net to store gear overhead, and a battery tray for the lighing. Looks so sweet. So i send clam customer service an email to get some more details on it and they told me "We cant give you any information right now because it has not been officially released yet. All of out new stuff will be release Aug. 25Th." Thats just around the corner ladies and gents! I cant wait to see what else comes out. What is on your wish list or what you would like to see come out. Here is a link of the stealth!!

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/new-for-2016-2017.html

This is the newest link. This should work for everyone.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: New Clam shelters
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2016, 10:05 AM »
it's nearly double the price of the shappell fx100. you can get a 2 man with insulated/thermal roof, frabill 2110 is an example, but it's poorly designed.
nice to see the incorporated led lighting. would be nicer when a shelter company uses a support bar or two with them embedded into them and a on/off/brightness controller. a third party could build these as replacement bars and do well i think. having a custom battery box to offer would help them too.

the all black is a nice factor for solar heat and contrast on snow. the weight is decent. i am used to the way shappell use the wider bottom/ice bar to give more usable fishable area and not feel as constricted. the 900d would make sense being they use a movers blanket to make a thermal fabric. problem with that is when it gets wet, it holds water a very long time and is much heavier too while it's wet.
the over head storage could be a problem depending on what you leave in it while folding it down, but sounds interesting. the stitches holding it the roof could allow water in.
we will know how it works out soon enough.
nice to see new features and products hit the market.

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2016, 10:25 AM »
it's nearly double the price of the shappell fx100. you can get a 2 man with insulated/thermal roof, frabill 2110 is an example, but it's poorly designed.
nice to see the incorporated led lighting. would be nicer when a shelter company uses a support bar or two with them embedded into them and a on/off/brightness controller.

the all black is a nice factor for solar heat and contrast on snow. the weight is decent. i am used to the way shappell use the wider bottom/ice bar to give more usable fishable area and not feel as constricted. the 900d would make sense being they use a movers blanket to make a thermal fabric. problem with that is when it gets wet, it holds water a very long time and is much heavier too while it's wet.
the over head storage could be a problem depending on what you leave in it while folding it down, but sounds interesting. the stitches holding it the roof could allow water in.
we will know how it works out soon enough.
nice to see new features and products hit the market.

I have looked at the shappell fx100. Wish they made a fx100T or something that was insulated. The price on the clam is a little much but still cheaper than an otter. Otter xt hideout is $500. Thats crazy to me. I dont think the i would spend the extra $50 on the stealth even though it does have a nice extras and a pretty cool looking design. Time will tell though. Looking forward to some more details once its on their official website. Maybe they will come out with an entirely new flip over. who knows?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2016, 10:27 AM »
i added reflectix to the roof of my fx100's. fast and easy and won't hold water like thermals do and bounces light and doesn't make it heavier.

you can see how it bounces light here.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Aug 11, 2016, 05:15 PM »
Well I have been looking for a single man fish trap. I have my mind made on a clam Kenai pro thermal but while browsing around I found a clam kenai pro thermal stealth! OMG i really like the looks of this bad boy. really slick looking. I have seen on one website that it will be $50 more so $399 but it will have heavier fabric 900D vs 600D and it will have led lighing, top cargo net to store gear overhead, and a battery tray for the lighing. Looks so sweet. So i send clam customer service an email to get some more details on it and they told me "We cant give you any information right now because it has not been officially released yet. All of out new stuff will be release Aug. 25Th." Thats just around the corner ladies and gents! I cant wait to see what else comes out. What is on your wish list or what you would like to see come out. Here is a link of the stealth!!

http://sportsmensdirect.com/shop/new-arrivals/clam-kenai-pro-thermal-stealth/

They took this link down, most likely because its not out yet. bass pro still shows a picture of it you look for a clam kenai pro thermal.

they messed up on that one. like customer service said this wasn't suppose to be released until the 25th of August. with that said come the 25th I can give more details and info on all the new products for this year so bare with me and be patient because I think you will like all the new products this year from Clam.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Aug 11, 2016, 06:55 PM »
they messed up on that one. like customer service said this wasn't suppose to be released until the 25th of August. with that said come the 25th I can give more details and info on all the new products for this year so bare with me and be patient because I think you will like all the new products this year from Clam.

This may be common site knowledge so please excuse me but do you work for Clam? That would be a sick job.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 11, 2016, 08:31 PM »
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline GoldenGraham

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2016, 08:14 AM »
Here's a link to the Extreme....

http://www.basspro.com/Clam-Kenai-Pro-Thermal-Ice-Shelter/product/1505261528/

I've never seen that black colour before on the Clam shelters, is that a new look they are rolling out ? I like it  :).

Offline Caseman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Aug 12, 2016, 09:10 AM »
i added reflectix to the roof of my fx100's. fast and easy and won't hold water like thermals do and bounces light and doesn't make it heavier.

you can see how it bounces light here.
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

Off topic and random question. 

What size hole is that in the pic?

I just bought a 5in lazer auger on amazon for $50 and I've never used one that small.  It's nice to have a pic with the flasher to compare it to.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Aug 12, 2016, 09:36 AM »
it's a 6" made with a ridgid drill and lazer auger.
when i set up to stay for a while i drill 3 holes in a triangle like that, even when not in a shelter. mostly so i can try several baits and depths. many times one bait attracts, while they hit the other. the one that attracts holds them longer. the top hole is for the transducer only.

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Aug 12, 2016, 10:11 AM »
I've never seen that black colour before on the Clam shelters, is that a new look they are rolling out ? I like it  :).

Agreed. That is such a clean look. So sick. Cant wait to see what else rolls out!

Offline SUNNFISH 0)))

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Aug 12, 2016, 01:58 PM »
Pretty excited about this. Clam Hub shelter/hunting blind.

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/quick-set-by-clam/bigfoot-hunter-camo-ground-blind.html
Modify message

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
« Reply #12 on: Aug 13, 2016, 09:07 AM »
the 2 clam's i've had, pro and a guide had a black lining inside, don't know about others

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Aug 15, 2016, 02:54 AM »
This may be common site knowledge so please excuse me but do you work for Clam? That would be a sick job.

I am on thier pro staff and do mainly local in store events here in Minnesota for them.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Aug 15, 2016, 02:56 AM »

yes this is a new color this year but only on a few models. just can't say which ones until the 25th.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Aug 15, 2016, 03:01 AM »
Pretty excited about this. Clam Hub shelter/hunting blind.

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/quick-set-by-clam/bigfoot-hunter-camo-ground-blind.html
Modify message

yes this is one of the new hub style houses this year. this was released before the 25th by customer service because they unveiled this hub/blind at the Game Fair in Ramsey MN this past weekend. there is a video of them unveiling it on the clam outdoors facebook page.

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Aug 15, 2016, 06:27 PM »
Check clams site they have some new shelters up.

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Aug 16, 2016, 03:50 AM »
They have added some more to the website. http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/new-for-2016-2017

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Aug 16, 2016, 06:42 AM »
They pulled the link!! It doesn't work any more!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Aug 16, 2016, 07:23 AM »
They pulled the link!! It doesn't work any more!!!

Go to clamoutdoors.com, click clam in the upper left hand corner, scroll down just a little bit and there is a button for new for 2016. It still works that way.

New link to try http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/new-for-2016-2017.html

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Aug 16, 2016, 07:29 AM »
That works, thanks!!  :)

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Aug 16, 2016, 08:12 AM »

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Aug 16, 2016, 08:16 AM »
Still works for me.............

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Aug 16, 2016, 08:16 AM »
not here

I put a new link at the bottom of the first page. I will update the OP too

**EDIT** OP has been updated with the newest link that works.

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Aug 16, 2016, 08:56 AM »
thats better, thanks

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Aug 16, 2016, 09:11 AM »

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Aug 16, 2016, 11:42 AM »
Ok well clam made the link inactive so we can no longer see anything. We will have to wait till the 25th i guess. It was fun and good while it lasted!

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Aug 25, 2016, 02:42 AM »
here is the link again it is now active. note there is a few products missing on there but hopefully the will be added shortly.

now with that said let's talk about the new Stealth houses for this year. the is two of the sled based house, they are the Kenai Pro thermal Stealth one man and the Voyager X Thermal Stealth two man. the Kenai is a 600 denier fabric and the Voyager is 900 denier fabric. the last stealth house is a hub style house called the Vista Link Thermal Stealth and is 600 denier fabric. the Kenai comes with a corner console and the rod hammock under the seat and the Voyager comes with overhead mesh storage, Clam Light Stick, and Battery Bracket. 

Offline Team_Reload

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Aug 25, 2016, 04:40 AM »
here is the link again it is now active. note there is a few products missing on there but hopefully the will be added shortly.

now with that said let's talk about the new Stealth houses for this year. the is two of the sled based house, they are the Kenai Pro thermal Stealth one man and the Voyager X Thermal Stealth two man. the Kenai is a 600 denier fabric and the Voyager is 900 denier fabric. the last stealth house is a hub style house called the Vista Link Thermal Stealth and is 600 denier fabric. the Kenai comes with a corner console and the rod hammock under the seat and the Voyager comes with overhead mesh storage, Clam Light Stick, and Battery Bracket.

What is the MSRP on the kenai stealth? Website says$399.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Aug 25, 2016, 07:10 AM »
What is the MSRP on the kenai stealth? Website says$399.

the website is right at a MSRP of $399.99. remember there will be sales during the season and at the large ice fishing shows around the ice belt so you should be able to find it out there some place a little below MSRP. St Paul Ice Fishing Show has most vendors giving 10 to 15 percent off retail price on houses and other gear for example.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.