The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: harrisburg show  (Read 1645 times)

Offline chilly feet

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got bait?
harrisburg show
« on: Feb 03, 2006, 06:37 AM »
just wondering if anyone is going to the outdoor show
at the state farm complex in harrisburg.i'm trying to get
the girlfreind to go,maybe.its a great show if you have
never been there. ;D

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: harrisburg show
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2006, 06:46 AM »
It is a great place to see things hunting and fishing related. If you need an outfitter, there will be thousands there to chose from. If you're looking for things icefishing related, you'll find very few things there though.
Ken                                          

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2006, 07:45 AM »
I completly agree with bean. It's just about the same every year but if you enjoy the outdoors you can't miss it. I think that ladies and kid's enjoy it as much as men do. There is so many things that she can look at and spend your money on ;) I'll be there next friday spending mine :o
      Jim

Offline Charman03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2006, 02:11 PM »
I'm thinking about going, it just bugs me you have to lay down 16$ before you even get into the door.  Just think if you had to pay 11$ to get into cabelas everytime you went and 5$ to park. 

Offline g3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • life is good!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2006, 04:07 PM »
yea,the money they charge the vendor plus parking,it's geting out of hand!!!

Offline boatnik13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2006, 08:47 PM »
2/4/06   Its raining and its packed like sardines in the show.80% of the venders are out of state. I go every 3 years  ,Why>? because thats how long it takes to find something new. $11 it is! but parking ? go park on the hill (22 bypass accross the the intersection of cameron and maclay sts just up hill from the light. Its a 200-300 yd walk to the front door and for *FREE*. Sad to say for you first timers but it really lacks in "LOCALS" venders. Just shop the fishing booths and notice they have more state booths (PFBC,DCNR,PGC,PSF) well almost! then locals.  FOOD ? about $7-8 without a drink.( Go accross the street). Asked a raystown guide what a small booth cost > $1100 - $1400.  I don't get it! all that $$$$$$$$$$ and they want you to pay $11 + $5 for parking and its the Biggest show that place gets.

Offline George_B

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always looking for new tip-up variations !!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2006, 06:45 PM »
I went down Saturday, don't go every year and I agree with all the previous post about the show. Prices are up all over but their would be no show without the common sportspersons.
George

Offline bassman79

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish on get the net!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2006, 07:28 PM »
i dont really like what they charge to get in but maybe some of that money goes to pay the heat bill i wouldnt want ot write that check!!! bassman79 ;D ;D
work is for people who dont fish!!!!!

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • VEX, is sure an expensive depth finder..
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2006, 08:15 PM »
well guys,,i think its safe to say that if you and friends are looking for an out of state trip,,then this is the place to be,, on the other hand,,, its not worth buying anything or looking at any local trips,,,such as hunting or fishing.
The more fish we release, is more fish we all can catch.  b/c we all like to catch.   Catch, Photo, Release!!  Such an easy concept, but so hard for others to understand!!!!!

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2006, 06:52 AM »
I'm not quite sure why you guy's are all complaining ??? There is NOWHERE else on the east coast where you can go and see what you see at this show!! Yes, it's alot of out of state vendor's but how many place's is there to book a hunting or fishing trip in Pa? Every year I manage to find a good deal or two and am very satisfied when I leave this place. As for the money, I'm sure everyone of us throw away 15 buck's a week on something stupid that isn't a must. For anyone that has never been there before, GO, you will have a great time.
      Jim

Offline boatnik13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2006, 07:57 PM »
I agree JIM!  just that some of us go so often and myself would like to see more PA.venders. The higher the fuel , the closer to home I will be.  Just 10 years ago I would have 2 big bags full of lit./info comming home from the show and now I find myself down to a 1/4 bag  of state sites of intrest. I agree > Its a must for the first timer or someone thinking of booking a trip for FISH/HUNT.

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2006, 09:39 PM »
The show here in pittsburgh is the same thing they have it in monroeville its such a dump
we have a new conventiion center and thay still heve it in monroeville
no room to walk food sucks bathrooms smell like an outhouse the ticket booth is outside
u go in thru a little door and ithe first floor in on a hill

Offline StonecoldCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2011, 04:36 PM »
Thought I'd resurect this dead horse one more time haven't seen any posts yet this year.Actually I'm headin back down this year-been 20 yrs.prolly.Was wondering if anyone did the BPS shuttle deal and how that works out.

Offline davef

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 03, 2011, 05:44 PM »
We used the shuttle 2 years ago and it worked fine on a Saturday morning. There were buses every couple of minutes both directions and we may have had to wait 20 minutes at the most each way. Buy your ticket on line ahead of time if you can. 2 years ago you also got a 1 year subscription to Field & Stream magazine if you did.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.