Author Topic: Well I'll stop lurking...  (Read 716 times)

Offline johnnycake

• IceShanty Rookie
Well I'll stop lurking...
« on: Feb 24, 2016, 12:03 PM »
Hey everybody!  I have been lurking here for a while now, ever since Glen told me about it. I'm only in Utah for the next couple months before I move the family to Anchorage in May, but I'm really hoping to get back on the ice with the kids before then. I'm the dad of the little girl who won the video contest put on by Utah's Trail Country from the Fishlake tournament.  You also might remember me as the moron who got his jeep buried in the snow trying to drive onto the ice at the marina during the tournament!  Thanks to those that helped get me unstuck!

Offline tomertim

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Well I'll stop lurking...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2016, 03:48 PM »
johnnycake, a big welcome!

What takes you to Anchorage? 

I used to live in Fairbanks as a kid and my wife and I are thinking about heading back up in two years when our son graduates.  Heading back up being in Southern Alaska, not the interior!  :)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2016, 03:52 PM »
Welcome to the shanty johnnycake, we do have a pretty good following on the Alaska page so you might find this site very helpful when you get up there. Sounds like you got a little of the good and the bad at the fish lake tourney  ;D
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2016, 05:21 PM »
Welcome to the shanty johnycake ! You should bring the kids out to Strawberry this Sat to our Shanty get together. Check out the GTG thread above. We will have some goodies for all the kids.

Offline johnnycake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2016, 10:23 PM »
Thanks guys!  I've been checking out the Alaska page, and already have a few places I want to hit (there was an awesome video of a family trip catching chunky char that I'm just gonna have to try out next winter). 

I'll see if I can convince the wife for saturday, but my guess is she won't want to get up that early!  Plus, I returned my eskimo 6 as it ripped up terribly at the Fishlake tournament and I haven't replaced it yet, so the kiddos won't have as warm a place to hang out.

We're moving to Anchorage after I graduate law school as I got an offer with a firm in midtown that is frankly incredible.  And not just because it is in my favorite place in the whole world!  I've been going up there to play since I was a kid, and have always told myself I would move there.  Luckily, the wife is excited about it (we worked up there last summer for the firm and she really enjoyed it).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.