Author Topic: My Name "Is Meth"  (Read 3446 times)

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
My Name "Is Meth"
« on: Feb 01, 2006, 08:35 AM »
I received this in a email.  I didn't know where this should be posted but thought it was a good read and shared by all.  In this day and age we really need to inform our children and friends of the dangers of drugs and their addictions.  If this needs to be deleted or moved, so be it.

Subject: My Name: "Is Meth."

AS A FOLLOW UP TO A PROGRAM-RECENTLY AIRED ON LOCAL T V:
This was written by a young Indian girl who was in jail for drug charges, and was addicted to meth.  She wrote this while in jail.  As you will soon read, she fully grasped the horrors of the drug, as she tells in this simple, yet profound poem.  She was released from jail, but, true to her story, the drug owned her. 
They found her dead not long after, with the needle still in her arm.
Please keep praying for all of us to understand.  This thing is worse than any of us realize!
My Name: "Is Meth."
I destroy homes, I tear families apart.take your children, and that's just the start.
I'm more costly than diamonds, more precious than gold.The sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.
If you need me, remember I'm easily found.  I live all around you - in schools and in town I live with the rich, I live with the poor.  I live down the street, and maybe next door.
I'm made in a lab, but not like you think.  I can be made under the kitchen sink.
In your child's closet, and even in the woods.If this scares you to death, well it certainly should.
I have many names, but there's one you know best.  I'm sure you've heard of me, my name is crystal meth.
My power is awesome, try me you'll see.But if you do, you may never break free.
Just try me once and I might let you go.  But try me twice, and I'll own your soul.
When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie.You do what you have to -- just to get high.
The crimes you'll commit for my narcotic charms.Will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms.
You'll lie to your mother, you'll steal from your dad.When you see their tears, you should feel sad.
But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised.I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.
I take kids from parents, and parents from kids.I turn people from God, and separate friends.
I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride...I'll be with you always -- right by your side.
You'll give up everything - your family, your home.Your friends, your money, then you'll be alone.
I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give.When I'm finished with you, you'll be lucky to live.
If you try me be warned - this is no game.If given the chance, I'll drive you insane.
I'll ravish your body, I'll control your mind.I'll own you completely, your soul will be mine.
The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed.The voices you'll hear, from inside your head.
The sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see.I want you to know, these are all gifts from me.
But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart.That you are mine, and we shall not part.
You'll regret that you tried me, they always do.But you came to me, not I to you.
You knew this would happen, many times you were told.But you challenged my power, and chose to be bold.
You could have said no, and just walked away.  If you could live that day over, now what would you say?
I'll be your master, you will be my slave.I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.
Now that you have met me, what will you do?  Will you try me or not?
It's all up to you.
I can bring you more misery than words can tell.Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell.
If you care enough, please forward this profound poem and share the deadly outcome of this drug that is killing our Young People.
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/icefishpics/albums/userpics/2-18-08_001c.jpg

Sure the Marines are a Department of the Navy, We're the MENS DEPERTMENT!!!!

Offline reelbigfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just one more and we'll all go home. SE Mi.
Re: My Name "Is Meth"
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2006, 09:48 AM »
  Thanks for sharing this sad story with us USMC130FE.  It's the worst ratpoision
deathdrug to ever come down the pike.  10 times more addictive than heroin.  Speed
kills. 

Ted
Many men go fishing their entire lives without knowing it's not fish they are after.
Thoreau

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2006, 05:54 AM »
Bump......only 170+ members read it?

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2006, 06:58 AM »
I had a friend that got addicted to that crap.  It took control of his whole life.  He disappeared for a year and I never knew what happened to him.  I saw him one day about a year later as he was in a rehab clinic about a mile from where I live.  He told me how in 3 months he lost everything he owned including his house and vehicle.  Maxed out the credit cards, and sold virtually everything he had.  Also told me the urge to steal was very great but due to his upbringing he said he would sooner have killed himself to end the pain rather than to take from another.   He got his life turned around and now is a drug and alcohol counselor after going back to school. 

PIKEGUY

« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2006, 08:14 AM »
Thanks for posting this. It is pretty scary stuff. I thought cigs were bad, I wouldn't touch this stuff for anything

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2006, 08:50 AM »
Reminds me of work. I work in a Detox unit. This crap is so cheap and easy for kids to get ahold of. I bring home videos on that from work to show my teenage kids. Some are pretty graphic. I started showing them at 10 yrs old. A good one to get ahold of is "Tweaked". Shows real life things people do on it. You can make some calls to
your local Drug and Alcohol Services to borrow it or watch it there. At least you can in my community. Kids have really no idea what it can do to your body and believe they are indestrucable, after all their friends tell them its OK :%$#!: :cookoo:

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2006, 09:27 AM »
not to mention the fact that when you are cooking up a batch of meth you are likely to have the whole thing blow up in your face and mame you....that alone would seem like deterrent enough for me

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2006, 10:40 AM »
i wonder if she did that poem on meth?

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2006, 12:05 PM »
wow to bad thats true  in every word she used in her story   
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline wavewatcher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Menominee, MI
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2006, 12:07 PM »
Its sad to think people will make and sell the stuff to people knowing how bad it is. I could never ever do that , I guess cause I have a conscience.
FISH ON!!!!!!!

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2006, 12:21 PM »
also i know is  what she says is very true   because ive been there  not meth tho   my drug of choise was booze  & also I can be a CSW   with all the crap I know of this topic  Now  if I quit cigs  marlboro
 but also  add. plays on my role as a ice fisherman & as a soft water junkie LOL

Steve

ps hope I helped somebody \
if you want to go futher in im me  & we will talk
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline flagrunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2006, 02:46 PM »
Bad stuff,i live in upstate n.y.and the cops bust 3or4 meth labs every year in Montgomery and Fulton county.Thank god my daughter never got involved with any of that crap.

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2006, 03:44 PM »
This is some REALLY, REALLY, REALLY nasty crap out there.  In South Dakota it's become a HUGE problem.  I remember reading an article in our daily paper not too long ago about this meth lab in an apartment that was raided.  Ended up costing like $7,500 bucks to have the apartment completely gutted and redone or whatever... b/c of these chemicals involved in making this crap.

I also had a really good buddy that got addicted on this crap.  It got to be so bad that my best friend and I quit hanging around him b/c he was always high on the crap.  It really took control of his life.  Finally... he just managed to up and get off of it, no rehab or nothing, and he became the good person that he was before it happened.  To this day I wonder what ever happend to him that made him get off of it, but, unfortunately about a year later he passed in a bad accident  :(.  Good friend, but NASTY crap. 

Thanks for posting this USMC.  Everyone needs to be constantly informed of the horrific results of using this junk!!!!!!

Offline AD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 03, 2006, 03:55 PM »
Meth is bad stuff.   Wher eI work we get cmmunity service peopel come in also.    We get a lot of meth heads.    Ive seen and 18 year old gal so burnt out from drugs already.   Ive seen the dealers Ive seen the buyers too.   MEth is just nasty nasty stuff.     
     Meth is pretty easy to make from wha tI have heard, only thing is you have a chance of blowing yourself up in the procs adn the fumes can kill you too.    I do not know why people would want to put anything liek that into there bodies.     I guess they just need a escape from reality for a while.   
It doesn't matter if you didn't catch anything as long as you had fun.

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 03, 2006, 04:02 PM »
I never did understand why my friend would do it either... Not to mention all the nasty other things that happen to ya.  Kinda like that girls poem states - people turn into theives, lyers (sp?), lose your assets, not to mention losing your teeth and stuff!?!?!  YEEUCK.  Nasty nasty stuff it is....

Speak of the devil... just found this on a local news site... WTG to the officer in charge and the dog!!!  Too bad for the child though  :(

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail2817.cfm?Id=0,45734

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2006, 07:15 AM »
Wouldn't it be great if the "War on Drugs" was taken seriously.  I know we'll never get rid of this crap but seriously, something needs to be done....NOW!!! 

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2006, 07:16 AM »
The truth is scary
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #17 on: Feb 04, 2006, 05:27 PM »
It is amazing what people will do to their bodies. When I was young there were grass, speed and acid around here and you didn't hear about much else. The drugs that are around now have got to be about as bad as eating Draino. It seems like one heck of a way to die. >:(
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 04, 2006, 09:39 PM »
Bad stuff out there, and its so easy to get your hands on.

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #19 on: Feb 05, 2006, 08:52 AM »
BUMP
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 05, 2006, 09:19 AM »
A while back in a hardware store I noticed they had a chart that listed things people used to make this awful stuff. Everything from Acetone to some kind of allergy or cold medicine. Turns out I buy most of that stuff regularly for taxidermy most of it with my air brush painting etc.  And I take OTC allergy medicine in the summer. Kind of makes me wonder if I'll ever get raided. Well if I do I have nothing to hide!

I have been very fortunate. Grew up in the 70's when drug use was rampant but I was too busy fishing and had no interest in that crap. 
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Smokeeater

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Solitude without the Lonliness
« Reply #21 on: Feb 05, 2006, 01:12 PM »
In my profession I have had to literally clean-up the aftermath of meth and heroine OD. I have also had the displeasure of cleaning up a meth lab.  The process of making this drug is just as dangerous (if not more) than the actual drug itself.  One wrong move during the clean up process may result in a very big BOOOOOM!!!!
You can't catch em if you don't get out there!

Offline shawner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Feb 05, 2006, 01:42 PM »

Around my neck of the woods it's crack that's killing everybody, my best friend, best man in my wedding lost his damn mind on it. Lost everything and everybody in his life for a while. I lost my business over his crap, he stole all of my tools and went on a binge, not once but twice. The first time his habit wasn't the monster we thought it was and he did a good job making look like someone broke into the truck, basically I believed him. The second time was it, he was living at our home, because no one else would have him, he worked for me and was eating my food and wearing my cloths because he had nothing. Was doing good for a few months and the urge made him go back and rob me again. This time the insurance company wouldn't pay the claim and actually changed my policy so they didn't have to and charged me for that change. MY god I wanted to kill him and the insurance man. I was young and still a little nieve and trusting, not anymore. Told him to tell me the truth about what happened and I wouln't kill his ass, he couldn't, and I haven't seen him in over ten years now. When I hung up the phone after telling him I'd better not see him again, I cryed like a damn baby. Hated that whole period in my life with him, people thought it was my fault and accused me of using that -hit! Can't believe after all this time he's never tried to make ammends, but that's part of it for some, sell your soul to the devil for that crap and that meth crap too! No one can help, except the addict themselves after rock bottom. This kinda crap kills in more ways than one, I'll give anyone credit for getting their life back together after a ride on that monster, but you could never be the same after! Shame, just plain shame. I'm not the same and I wasn't even doing it! Protect your kids and love them and make sure they know they can come to you about anything, anytime! >:( >:( :'( :'(

Offline HiRanger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jigin' My Stix in 2007! St. Helen Iceman
« Reply #23 on: Feb 05, 2006, 08:03 PM »
YUCK........Budweiser for me....Just "Crack for Crackers" stay away..........
Zymurgy's First Law of Evolving Systems Dynamics
Once you open a can of worms, the only way to recan them is to use a larger can.

We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. Never Be The First To Get Old!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.