Author Topic: Yo, I found your jig!  (Read 1233 times)

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yo, I found your jig!
« on: Jan 21, 2016, 11:49 AM »
And he wasn't a 10" er like you told your buddy when you lost him at the hole. Your line didn't snap either, it was the knot you tied... Maybe consider an improved fisherman's knot when using lighter line. Also, it was an intervention from God, so you didn't really have a chance to land that fish anyway, as Paul and I needed to have a educated conversation as to why I should reconsider vertical ice jigs. If you lost this jig, please let me know and I'll happily return it.

PS this fish tasted great with and applewood smoke grill (big green egg) with alittle butter and garlic seasoning!
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Yo, I found your jig!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2016, 01:06 PM »
I sure hope your finger is a good foot away from that fish on the board otherwise you accidentally got a certain other person's bucket.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2016, 02:19 PM »
Cool pic.  I am sure this happens more often than I think.  I can only remember a few times in fifty+ years seeing something like this.

Must be a good bait, that fish ate it ! ! !

:tipup:

Offline chevy hillbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2016, 02:57 PM »
caught alot of fish on those jigs...still carry them with me on the ice, but its been many moons since i tied one on. I never saw the fancy "bumble bee" pattern for sale at the bait shop, just plain ole chartreuse, black, orange green and white, but that exact same jig.

most of the ones i lost wound up in the mouths of catfish and bass.

Also like you mentioned, seldom ever broke the line, was always the guy tying the knot who screwed it up

This takes me back...before anybody knew what tungsten was.

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:39 PM »
I sure hope your finger is a good foot away from that fish on the board otherwise you accidentally got a certain other person's bucket.

lmao....Took a while but it finally made sense...
I have been using vertical more the last couple years....also because of a certain other person...who happens to catch a bunch with them...lol

Paul

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2016, 08:15 PM »
It's a miracle!!! You found my jig. I told my buddy close to 10. Well 7 is close to 10! A bit of scotch next time I'm by and it's all good.  ;D

Offline Gill Gitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good friends -- Great times
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:12 PM »
Thanks for finding my jig High Tide! That right there came from the batch of jammin jigs I bought 4 years ago!

Offline SK8TNPIGEZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2016, 10:30 PM »
How far north are you...I've lost one

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2016, 09:11 AM »
Lmao... Stinky, good to know that you have a 3" standard deviation on panfish. Gil Gitter, you're gonna have to change your name to gill loser, if you don't start tying better knots! Lol SK8... Middle of the state... So most likely not GG or Stinky's... Sorry fellas.
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.