Author Topic: Yankton  (Read 894 times)

Offline alekhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yankton
« on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:22 AM »
Was wondering if any one has any ice info on the lake behind the dam was going to try and maybe get out on it this weekend with my dad and if any one knows of the fish are biting at all thanks in advance  :tipup:
I'm not brightest tool in the shed my ice auger is

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Yankton
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:55 AM »
I can tell you that it was killed off and "rennovated" just a couple years ago so there may not be very good fish in there yet. They had a TON of asian carp and other invasive species that worked their way into that lake so they killed it off and restocked it. Wouldn't be my first place to go if I was headed to SD.
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline whitetips

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2016, 10:56 AM »
Was wondering if any one has any ice info on the lake behind the dam was going to try and maybe get out on it this weekend with my dad and if any one knows of the fish are biting at all thanks in advance  :tipup:

Certainly fish have been re-stocked in Lake Yankton following the renovation a couple years ago.  I would expect a lot of fish, but would not expect anything very big yet.

Daryl B.
Daryl Bauer
Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
[email protected]
http://neblandvm.outdoornebraska.gov/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Offline alekhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2016, 11:20 AM »
Sorry guys I knew about the kill off I was actually asking about Lewis and Clark behind the dam was wondering if I could get on the Maine lake or even the two marena thanks for the response guys ;D
I'm not brightest tool in the shed my ice auger is

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.