The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Marcum showdown????  (Read 1294 times)

Offline westonp

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum showdown????
« on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:54 AM »
Why do so many places carry the little 2.0 unit but not the 5.6??? I'm big on buying gift cards to make purchases through gianteagle for the fuel perks (free gas means more fishing  ;D) but of course dicks and bass pro only have the small unit which is where I can get cards for even online.

Offline beavercountybob

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Marcum showdown????
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2016, 09:26 AM »
Check out reeds sporting goods online. I just ordered a Marcum 5.6 for 325 with free shipping and no tax. I think they're from Minnesota but It only took three days to show up. Plus they give u a couple great hunting and ice fishing catalogs with great deals on top of the line gear.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2016, 09:40 AM »
My guess would be they sold out of them because they had them earlier in the season.

Offline chukkrok

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2016, 05:56 PM »
I think you can kinda build one, with the options you can get for the troller unit,, I know someone that was gonna do that, but ended up getting the 5.6 instead , which Is what I have, and I really like it,, though I wish you could zoom in 1 ft. increments,, instead of 5ft. I already had mine upgraded,,(for a fee), other than that,, I really like that 5.6

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2016, 06:54 PM »
I got one from Reed's 2 years ago.

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:54 PM »
I have one and really like it, the main issue is the automatic feature does not work consistently.  Has gone back a few times, can live with it now.  Had it for 3 years now.  Most places, esp in PA don't carry many d/t the price and they don't want to get stuck with them.  A lot of people order them on-line.

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2016, 04:59 PM »
 i have 2 of them ;D

Offline westonp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:43 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I have a 5.6 but needed another for my girlfriend (her Christmas present that I was holding off on to be sure it was worth buying this year) I ordered one from reeds this evening. 325 is a heck of a deal over Cabelas 385 and even gander mountains 350 something

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2016, 11:24 PM »
Did you get a Dual Beam?

Offline beavercountybob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2016, 07:48 AM »
Did you get a Dual Beam?
I'm pretty sure Marcum quit making the dual beam 5.6.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2016, 09:00 AM »
They said they were but on their site they're still selling them.  They want $389.99 for a Dual Beam.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2016, 09:13 AM »
can get the dual beam from marcum and get it for 350$. sign up to get 10$ off your first order. it's 390$ otherwise.
jets has 15% off.

you want the dual beam for narrow beam in deeper water. say 20 feet or more is when i switch over to narrow. i hardly ever use the wide beam and that's what comes on the single beam showdown and you can't convert it over to dual beam.

the little troller is not as popular is why they have some left is my guess.

Offline westonp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2016, 10:38 AM »
I already had a single beam and ordered her the same thing. Didn't see the duel anywhere I looked and figured they quit making them because it's not much of a difference once you adjust your settings the single beam seems to work just fine. Have had mine for 2 years and only complaint I have is its inability to read well in very shallow water ( less than 4 feet)

Offline beavercountybob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2016, 02:14 PM »
Talked to a Marcum rep today and they aren't making the dual beam anymore. He said some dealers still have some available but I wouldn't recommend buying something that is no longer being produced.

Offline Brianm14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2016, 02:15 PM »
i just pulled the trigger on a lx6 today $499 and paid $33 for 2 day shipping  for L&M Fleet Supply

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2016, 02:32 PM »
Talked to a Marcum rep today and they aren't making the dual beam anymore. He said some dealers still have some available but I wouldn't recommend buying something that is no longer being produced.

The lady I talked with in the beginning of December said they're still going to make them, I wonder which rep is right?   ???

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech

Offline new on the ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 22, 2016, 04:46 PM »
If you going to but buy the 5.6, do yourself a favor. For the same money but the Marcum lx1. You won't be sorry. Much better unit For the same price. I have a lx5 and don't need it. My buddy has the lx1 and is a great piece of equipment for the money. Color shows mush more detail than black and white

Offline beavercountybob

• IceShanty Rookie

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.