The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Chamberlain  (Read 1233 times)

Offline northern_logger

• IceShanty Rookie
Chamberlain
« on: Jan 19, 2016, 05:15 PM »
Anyone been up to try the fishing at Chamberlain wondering how ice conditions are headed up February 5 for 5 days plan to fish round/ telos eagle and if course Chamberlain.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
Re: Chamberlain
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2016, 05:33 PM »
Take your question over to the Maine state board and you might get an answer.

Offline northern_logger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2016, 07:00 PM »
Thanks sorry new at this

Offline ShouldofBeenThere

• IceShanty Rookie
  • slayin' em one lake at a time!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2016, 07:35 PM »
Just got back from chamberlain today. Fished eagle also.
Both were good travel had 6-10" of ice. Slush on eagle by farm Island. Chamberlain was good across from  lock dam no slush about 10-12 " of snow

Offline northern_logger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2016, 09:40 PM »
Great thanks hoping these windy days will blow most of the snow off get some ice made. How was the fishing?

Offline troutmster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2016, 10:19 PM »
This is the Maine state board!!!

Offline ShouldofBeenThere

• IceShanty Rookie
  • slayin' em one lake at a time!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:21 AM »
Great thanks hoping these windy days will blow most of the snow off get some ice made. How was the fishing?
when we left Tuesday morning it was 9 below with sustained 25mph winds with gusts over 40. Fishing wasn't fast or furious. Eagle we ended up with 14 bookies 2 toguess for the day biggest bookie was 20" 3 lbs biggest to togue was 24" 6lbs. Chamberlain we ended up with 12 bookies all 16-19" and a few chubs. We left early that day to go see the trains on chamberlain which is well worth it in my opinion.  Good luck to you when your there

Offline rude the dude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike, ruining the state of Me., one pond at a time
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:51 AM »
 :tipup:
How they biten

Offline northern_logger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2016, 11:27 AM »
when we left Tuesday morning it was 9 below with sustained 25mph winds with gusts over 40. Fishing wasn't fast or furious. Eagle we ended up with 14 bookies 2 toguess for the day biggest bookie was 20" 3 lbs biggest to togue was 24" 6lbs. Chamberlain we ended up with 12 bookies all 16-19" and a few chubs. We left early that day to go see the trains on chamberlain which is well worth it in my opinion.  Good luck to you when your there

Offline northern_logger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2016, 11:30 AM »
Looking forward to our trip sounds like the fishings been good not that I truly believe it but my fishing app says its suppose to be excellent whike we are there been looking for some info on lures to jig with bought new pop up shack would really like to try and jig everything white fish brookies and touge any suggestions on lures would be such a help. Not looking for secret spots or any of that just looking for what to use for different specious in this area

Offline profishingmaster1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FLAGS down
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2016, 04:15 PM »
Just got back from eagle today. We had 10 inches of ice everywhere and all the slush has froze up. Slow lake travel because of the snow drifts but fishing was good. Biggest brookie we got was 19 and touge was 25. Good luck

Offline northern_logger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2016, 04:32 PM »
Just got back from eagle today. We had 10 inches of ice everywhere and all the slush has froze up. Slow lake travel because of the snow drifts but fishing was good. Biggest brookie we got was 19 and touge was 25. Good luck
Great thanks should be 12 to 15 by the time we get up there in a couple weeks hope the fishing holds up

Offline APJ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • A Jig Rod in hand is worth fish on the ice..
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2016, 04:43 PM »
Wow!must of been brutal up there! with the wind,.. :o
[img       Former-( Air Plane Jigger)

Offline OFF THE GRID

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2016, 05:01 PM »
Going up to Chamberlain, Round, Telos, maybe Webster, friend went through on Webster last last Saturday so be care full if going there,  talked to him tonight trail going to Webster had wash outs,going up for a week on Monday, anyone up there stop in the parking lot and say hi, Hope to see Chris, Larry next weekend, Chris you need to show me how to catch a 5.17 brook trout like the one last weekend !!!! Be safe and tight lines. and may your bait catch fish or at least die trying.

Offline profishingmaster1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FLAGS down
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2016, 05:16 PM »
APJ it wasnt ideal conditions but I've been up there in worse.!  We tucked in behind an Island and the fishing was worth it, It always is up there.

Offline darkdepths05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 21, 2016, 06:44 PM »
Been wanting to fish up there for years but I don't have a sled. Is it possible to get to good fishing spots on eagle cgamberlian and round if your fishing on foot. How about hitching a ride out with some one from the parking area?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.